• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Keep an eye out for this stolen jeep (UPDATE: Jeep Found)

Taht all sounds fishy... why not take the tars and wheels... top.. things they could sell or somthing

drich394 said:
Taht all sounds fishy... why not take the tars and wheels... top.. things they could sell or somthing

Only thing that I can think of is that it must have been kids. I could be wrong but the owner seems like a stand up guy. He ended up selling it yesterday, I'm not sure how much but he was asking $3000.

All sounded reasonable until now. 3k sounds really fishy. There has got to be more to it.

The-Boss said:
All sounded reasonable until now. 3k sounds really fishy. There has got to be more to it.

[quote author=HSV Racing]
The following are things it needs:
Steering column, actually just the wiper switch and key switch, both available at any autoparts store
Windshield is busted all over
Fuel tank has a hole drilled in it, but the thieves put a plug in it so they could drive it. It does not leak, but I would not trust it for long. Fuel tanks are cheap on ebay and the like. Would wheel just fine as is. I just don't want to look at it as it makes my blood boil thinking how much hard work and money I had in it to build it. ONLY reason I'm dumping it. Would make a very fun off road toy.
3000 dollars firm to you guys. Not trying to sell anywhere else at the moment.
Jeep runs and drives great. [/quote]

The above is directly from his post on HSV Racing, I seriously doubt the guy is trying to screw anybody over. He's just pissed about the whole ordeal, and wanted nothing to do with it after it had been stolen and all his hard work trashed on it

BigBoy70 said:
The above is directly from his post on HSV Racing, I seriously doubt the guy is trying to screw anybody over. He's just pissed about the whole ordeal, and wanted nothing to do with it after it had been stolen and all his hard work trashed on it

If it is legit I certainly feel for him and would like him to get more cash towards the next jeep if that is his true intention. I would have probably gave him at least 5k to resell or for a buddy of mine. Nothing makes my blood boil like a thief.

yeah the jeep sold.... I would have bought it had it been a 6cyl. Still a nice jeep. The guy that owned it was a really nice guy. Runs a boat dealer in the smith lake area.