• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Kia sportage sas w vortec

Maybe I will weld spikes all the way down it :011: yup a few sticks, I have a bunch in the shop its just not mine :D Once I get this cage finished I will be down to see ya. probably early next week. so get stocked up :awesomework:

Should have plenty at the shop but Ill call in an order on monday just in case:awesomework:

DUDE!!!! This build is roughly 1,000,000 x's better than I thought it would turn out. Very Nice:cool: I want it. It looks like a perfect trail poaching machine. Seriously. Nice ****in work!

:haha: It should be fun when its done. thanks

Lookin sweet@ss:kissmybutt:

thanks, :kissmybutt:

Should have plenty at the shop but Ill call in an order on monday just in case:awesomework:

I might be pushing out my steel run till after the holiday weekend, Ive been a busy bee the last couple days. It will be Wednesday atleast before im back to throwin tube at this thing. Its back in the corrner of the shop again.

truck

pretty sure i saw that there extra extra extended truck sun evening on a trailer pulled by a red ford. holy cow that thing is long. i was in the escalade in front of you.:redneck:

That was my brother we finished all the fab work on it so he was taking it home to get the wiring and interior done and give me some much needed space I havent been able to work on my stuff cause there was five rigs in the shop at one time but down to three now maybe I can find a few minutes to tear back into the kia :awesomework:

hell i got one to throw in your garage lol. better then workin in the damn gravel like i get to do.

hell i got one to throw in your garage lol. better then workin in the damn gravel like i get to do.

Believe me I did alot of work in the gravel before I built the shop just get a good magnet to find all the nuts and bolts you drop :D Im still finding tools in the driveway from 5 years ago when I had my costco tarp shed as a shop:redneck:

Well I finally got to work on my junk again I got the main exo done just need to build something to protect the doors and hatch now its coming along tho Im just going to try and beat the heat and get this thing going cause I hate seeing in sitting in the corner of the shop while everyone is out breaking their stuff but here are a few pics of where its at now.

Attachments

• jul9 012.jpg
    jul9 012.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 368
  • jul9 023.jpg
    jul9 023.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 364
  • jul9 025.jpg
    jul9 025.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 370
  • jul9 018.jpg
    jul9 018.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 375
  • jul9 022.jpg
    jul9 022.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 362
Damn Jason! Looking good!

That thing is definately one of a kind!

Thanks Charlie hopefully it will be ready by the time you get back next time. be safe over there :awesomework:

:beer: good job J Dub, Hopefully it can keep up with the samurai :fawkdancesmiley:

heck yes it will keep with that little thing (if I ever get it done) but right now you have me beat cause yours runs and drives :booo:

Well I got my exo almost finished. the door bars are all done and work awesome I might add another tube to each door later on but I just want to go wheelin. Im going to finish weld the hatch cage tomorrow then it will be all ready to go as far as the cage goes. then its on to wiring, exhaust, steering and some trimming for the tires and a few other things for the suspension and we will be ready for a shakedown run.

Attachments

• jul21 001.jpg
    jul21 001.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 373
  • jul21 003.jpg
    jul21 003.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 364
  • jul21 004.jpg
    jul21 004.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 369
  • jul21 006.jpg
    jul21 006.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 366
  • jul21 007.jpg
    jul21 007.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 359
can we get a close up of the slide mechanism on your doors for that bar?

i've contemplated doing the same, but not sure how to go about it.

Yeah I will get some pics here in a while. but basicly I built plates that bolt to the door and just sleeved over the 1.5" tube with a piece if 1.75" .120 wall and welded some small plates between the two. the rears werent quite as easy though because the bar changed angles with the door when opened so I had to build a hinge point between the tube and the door to keep it from binding up when opened. but I will throw some closeup pics later tonight.

Here you go ya damnyankee:D

Hopefully this helps, it scrapes the paint off but I can deal with that. they are cell pics so they arent the greatest but you get the idea. :awesomework:

Attachments

• jul22 003.jpg
    jul22 003.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 305
  • jul22 004.jpg
    jul22 004.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 306
  • jul22 005.jpg
    jul22 005.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 307
Last edited:
I take it the end of the door tube lands in a 'pocket' of sorts on the main cage??? You know, to keep from crushing the door in the event of using the bar for its intended purpose...:D

I take it the end of the door tube lands in a 'pocket' of sorts on the main cage??? You know, to keep from crushing the door in the event of using the bar for its intended purpose...:D

Oh yea it can take some abuse. It doesnt land in a pocket but its tight when its closed there is no room for movement, the rear wraps around the outside and ties it togeather, its intended purpose is to keep glass in it and to help slide past the center cage tube because if I hook the center tube good then the back doors arent going to open at all. I do understand that not everything is preventable but Im just trying to make it as low maintinence as possible

here is a pic of the rear where it hooks around the cage.

Attachments

• jul22 007.jpg
    jul22 007.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 302
awesome, thanks!

thats pretty much what i was thinking.. yeah, paint scraping off is a non issue.

thanks alot, i just may do this mod this winter.

Latest posts