• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

KOH 2014: Who is going to ride?

I bought a new motor home with plans to going this spring, but Bigsam says there are 30 to 40 thousand people there. That's a lot! if I go I'll be leaving Sparta Tn with the motor home hooked to my jeep probably sometime in December, to make sure I'm not rushed. Anyway, I hope to go.

Debating on it. KOH is a blast and I have taken my rig every year i went, but EJS might take my time this year. We will see.

You planning on doubling up on the way out Andrew or just towing solo?

74_Chevota said:
Debating on it. KOH is a blast and I have taken my rig every year i went, but EJS might take my time this year. We will see.

Come on Sam, rzr or rig you need to go again!

74_Chevota said:

I just have an 18' trailer so solo. I've tried to coordinate in years past to haul multiple rigs out but someone always falls through and it gets ****ed up. This year I'm just saying screw it and making the drive.

BustedKnucklefilms said:
I will be there with a rig. Even if I have to borrow a Rental Again! Might even be able to get the locals to show us the REAL Trails. Most everything they run in the race is a cake walk. I want to go see HWY 22, SOS, and all those other bamf trails.

Rental Fun from last year:
ROCK BOUNCER BACK DOOR NIGHT RAID!
matt u know u can always get a rental hell ill even let u take beatdown if I can't make it myself

This is a SOLID maybe. If 2013 goes as forecasted on my excel spreadsheet, and @leeman wolfe sends his gayZR out there for me to shotgun in, then I may fly out there and camp for a week!
We could ride all day and crush all night til someone spits up.

You can all suck my **** because I'm winning koh utv this time around. I don't have the cash for the main race but these utv'rs can suck it. I want Tripp pullen out there racing just so he knows how slow he he is. A mouth will only get you far.

jabnasty said:
You can all suck my **** because I'm winning koh utv this time around. I don't have the cash for the main race but these utv'rs can suck it. I want Tripp pullen out there racing just so he knows how slow he he is. A mouth will only get you far.

Has Tripp ever claimed to actually be fast? or an actual "racer"?

Granted I think he is kinda a doofus, but that's just the role he plays, whatever gets yer rocks off I guess... :fish:

laughing1

LandSpeeder said:
This is a SOLID maybe. If 2013 goes as forecasted on my excel spreadsheet, and @leeman wolfe sends his gayZR out there for me to shotgun in, then I may fly out there and camp for a week!
We could ride all day and crush all night til someone spits up.

I want to BAD, but I don't think I can pull it off vacation time wise for another year.

Never been to KOH. What is the best camping or hotel/motel, or is there even anything close? :dunno:

bjeep said:
Never been to KOH. What is the best camping or hotel/motel, or is there even anything close? :dunno:

There is a Motel Six on the beach end. Right on the water. Always a party!

Sent from Mallory Square in sunny Key West Florida.

Well not physically, but that is where my mind is at!

Baby on the way, so I am out again. If I keep saying next year, the mountain is eventually going to be closed. I haven't been back out there since 2003

bjeep said:

Cruise America out of Riverside CA ended up being cheaper and nicer than renting a camper. It was also cheaper to rent there for us than drive our own. You can tent camp all the way to high dollar motorhomes. No way would I stay in a hotel and drive back and forth.

These people were awesome to deal with even though the guy on the phone sounds like he just got done smokin a doobie. http://batesrvrentals.com/ They delivered the rv to the top of the dirt road and we drove it to our pit area, then saturday after the race they came and picked it up from the pits and drove it out. Also hauled out some bags of garbage to dispose of for us.

Just be warned the 34' may still have a funky smell in it from John Jon and his lot lizards he was dragging back to the RV laughing1

zero plans made yet. But I got so many close friends going this year... that I'd be an idiot NOT to go... So I guess it's time to start planning...