• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

KOH 2014: Who is going to ride?

There's no damn way I would stay in a tent. I've seen 2 of the pit tent blow up and over a few rows and the wind got strong enough to blow the tongue of our 28' trailer around 4 feet. :****:

POPS58 said:
There's no damn way I would stay in a tent. I've seen 2 of the pit tent blow up and over a few rows and the wind got strong enough to blow the tongue of our 28' trailer around 4 feet. :****:

I would sleep in my truck before a tent. The weather got pretty bad for one night last year. There were several torn up awnings after that night. We woke up to the camper shaking pretty bad.

jabnasty said:
Ill be lucky if I even get to go this year.
you need to sit down with Charlene and build a respectable driver proforma. No reason someone with your driving talent and finish record doesn't have support. But if they ever ask you to speak, just walk away, exclusivity breeds even more dollars.

Damn Jab hope your okay........Just paid my entry fee......we are gonna give it hell! Qualified at the Dirt Riot finals then finished 4th at Buzz to red dog......shocks need tuned bad! overall car is solid though!

I'm good just have to go through a shitload of test for the next couple of weeks. It's getting real expensive even with insurance.

Hope all goes well Jab.

That said the UTV race needs you! Your the only one that can hang with Mitch in his back yard!! No really the dude rides his UTV to the hammers, races and rides it home......talk about home field advantage! :****:

Never been to KOH. I plan on going this year. I have some questions.
Do I have to have a tag or permit for my jeep? Will there be people selling
food and gas or do you have to go back to town? :dunno:

bjeep said:
You will get a ohv sticker on your way in to the lake bed. You dont have to have a state tag unless you plan to drive it to town. There is a gas station semi close that has everything! There are people selling food most all day breakfast lunch and dinner. Hope that helps.

Mattman347 said:
Sounds like this would be an AWSOME time! Never been myself but would consider making the trip if I could run with some that know the area. Would love to bring the sploder and my daughter to see what wheeling out west is like!
Get with BigSam.

bjeep said:

In '12 they were selling permits in hammertown. Food vendors are there and they are open early in the morning till late in the evening. Figure $10-15 bucks a meal from the vendors.

Looks like we are going to have 5 or 6 r[gs from middle Tenn. going to KOH 2014 can't wait till Feb :spin:

First time out this year never thought I'd make this one. Camper is rented and time off is set just a few things to do to get ready.. Any words of wisdom is greatly appreciated. Where to camp, stuff to bring out of the norm, etc.. I'm super excited! :dblthumb:

bigsam said:
Looks like we are going to have 5 or 6 r[gs from middle Tenn. going to KOH 2014 can't wait till Feb :spin:

Sam you need to write an "Idiots Guide to Camping at KOH!" Planning on going out for the race on 2015. Not enough time off built up yet.

How many years have you been going now?

This will be my 4th trip out. It is crazy how different each trip has been so far. They have all been fantastic though,it is amazing the people I have met out there and rode with more than one year.. I will be glad to answer any questions if I can just post em up!!! I plan on getting out there Sat. morning 2/1/14 Hell yes can't wait!!!! :driving:

bigsam said:
This will be my 4th trip out. It is crazy how different each trip has been so far. They have all been fantastic though,it is amazing the people I have met out there and rode with more than one year.. I will be glad to answer any questions if I can just post em up!!! I plan on getting out there Sat. morning 2/1/14 Hell yes can't wait!!!! :driving:

You should stop in Parker, AZ on Saturday morning, and watch some of the BITD Parker425. Trophy Trucks and Class 1's start leaving the start line in downtown Parker a little after sunrise.
Or just park on the Parker Python and see Trophy trucks go by at 120mph. (Mojave Rd. just east of the airport).
After a little of that continue on to the Hammers on HWY 62, we plan on coming that way on Sunday morning.

We'll be there racing Class 1 #1554 Me driving, "Easy Rick" Mooneyham co-driving, Kelly Kaiser "Blacksheep10" running the main pit with a bunch of Paola guys (which will be there on the python by the airport), and Rob Usnick "yield2me" running remote pits 2 & 4 with his chase crew.

Might look into that on the way out. Good luck in the race if I can help in any way let me know....