• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

KOH Logistics and Trip Planning

Re: KOH Logistics and Trip Planning, 555 Racing and Hardline Crawlers LCQ

The only thing I need to install is a HORN! I'm starting LAST! If I pass them that must mean I'm what,,,,,,,,,,,FASTER!!! No tail lights needed then.

wngrog said:
It is because they couldn't........

Doug.....there will be some nice flat spots this year other than the lakebed.........2009 is a different game.

Either its all speculation on your part or someone knows some of the course in which most of everyone in the know knows the course which is bullshit this far ahead before the race. If thats the case its bullshit.

doug38s said:
Either its all speculation on your part or someone knows some of the course in which most of everyone in the know knows the course which is bullshit this far ahead before the race. If thats the case its bullshit.

Doug. The course is laid out. From what I know, there are no racers that know the course. I am on the KOH 09 staff as the Media Liason. I am in the 'know' as you say and I can't imagine how that can be labled 'bullshit'

That said, I have not seen the map but I will tell you that with a race nearly 2x longer than 2008 there will be other flat/fast spots than Means lakebed. The extra length of the course, I assure you, will not be made up for in the rocks.

wngrog said:
Doug. The course is laid out. From what I know, there are no racers that know the course. I am on the KOH 09 staff as the Media Liason. I am in the 'know' as you say and I can't imagine how that can be labled 'bullshit'

That said, I have not seen the map but I will tell you that with a race nearly 2x longer than 2008 there will be other flat/fast spots than Means lakebed. The extra length of the course, I assure you, will not be made up for in the rocks.
great, the desert racers get the nod this year. At least we're not in an ex Werock buggy :flipgotcha:

Brian, good plan :woody:

wngrog said:

thats what I hope. That no one knows the race course, not even one single section. I hope it stays that way.

Not saying bullshit as in that you know. That I dont care. I'm glad you do b/c I got you cell and will pester the **** outta you until you spill it. :flipoff1:

I just hope that the intergrity of the race stays in that no one(racers) knows the course, any sections to be run, etc until the day Jeff/Dave post the race course map. If someone was to say know that another go fast section was to be used then what would keep that person from going out and finding the optimal lines over the next 5 mos. Or finding the perfect line through certain sections of rough 4 lane wide whoops. You know what I mean. If you can figure it out in the 3 or so days of prerunning then great. If you have 5 mos to prepare a section then thats b/s. Short of Dave Smiley I believe I'm probably coming the furthest and dont want it to be for nothing. I want to race heads up agaisnt the best in the country under the same circumstances. I know we cant keep poeple from talking and I trust that Jeff and Dave will do their part to keep the integrity of the race what it is. I can count on you Nolen b/c I trust you. I just dont know anyone else in there and who is behind the scenes and who's friends with who and talks to who. Know what I mean?

Sorry to sound like a bitch :flipoff1:

blacksheep10 said:
rock, they can't change that much other than order, or up or down.
desert is the variable he's referring to. being able to pick the lines around the craters or fast in the whoops.

That is the truth. I know for a fact that 50' off the right wash in that desert can mean the difference between 30 mph and 60 mph.

I have full confidence in Dave and Jeff to keep it under wraps. I doubt I will get much more than I already know.

I know they want it to be as fair as possible.

We are in the BFG race program so that will be great. They told us in Jellico that if we run their tires they will provide any tire/wheel support needed. Changing tires, wheels, anything.

I am not gonna sweat spare parts and all until I get some more runs under my belt and see what I may need to pack. We looked at a spare tire mount today and mine has a lot of options in the back. I am good there!

I don't own a bike to ride in the dirt like that anymore. And getting it out there might be an issue, but I will keep an eye out. worst case my friend has an old Yamaha XT600 dual sport he might let me borrow.