• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

KOH plans

Cole called today looking for a shop close to Riverside that sells gears. He blew the ring and pinion in his front 60 on backdoor, 1st attempt...

Matt O. said:
Cole called today looking for a shop close to Riverside that sells gears. He blew the ring and pinion in his front 60 on backdoor, 1st attempt...

4WP is supposed to be doing overnight parts to the lakebed if need be. I don't know if its for just racers though. Might be worth a shot. Supposedly Backdoor has claimed 4 ring and pinions (All D60) among a few other parts.

i talked to adam adiar said everthing was going good except for the ring gear on cole's rig ..
said they were tunning suspension on ac's all day.. today that was at about 3:00 our time

Yep broke a trash box Dana 60 ring gear. It was weak ****. AC got his buggy dialed in good today. He worked with the radflo guys most of the day.
Thanks to Casey Currie I should have a new gear set tomorrow afternoon. 4 wheel parts is a fawking joke.
The people are really starting to pile in. Race day should be interesting.
I will try and report back in tomorrow.

Damn I cant wait to see pics of AC smokin ass across the lake bed ! Hell everyone from the East Coast for all thats worth ! Fun times ! :woot:

Yeah Cole said the 4WP guys were all fawking dicks and could care less about helping. I told him to get hooked up with Currie, that is what I had to do last year. Glad you got it figured out Cole, hope I was able to help some. I know being out there with a broke R&P on MONDAY blows ass!

Course looks real similar to last year, except LONGER. First 45 or so miles is all desert, then Aftershock, Sunbonnet and Outer Limits. Then more desert for like another 45 miles. Then they start hitting you with all the rock trails: Big Johnson, Claw, Wrecking, Jack, Sledge, etc. Then 10 more miles of desert to the finish. 135 or so miles total. 100+ of that is pure desert. I hope everybody has their cars tuned to go fast!

Glad he got hooked up with someone who would take care of it. That sucks to be out there racing or not and break early in the week. Travis apparently has a new set of injectors on the way for the buggy. Some of them were clogged or causing some fueling issue.

Got a call from the lakebed. Lots of guys out tuning for the go fast stuff and not too much rock trail pre-running and a good amount of night sessions too. MFS was running 70+ through the whoops last night. From what it sounds like most of these racers are getting the cars set up for the go fast sections. Seems wise considering it was mentioned that most of the distance is in the desert but most of the time is going to be spent in the rocks. Everything gets pretty nasty after RM105...after 105mi you finally hit the Hammers.

Night time is the best time to pre-run IMO. Not much traffic and not as much going on that you "have" to attend. I think most people have rock crawled and know how to drive rocks, that is why most people spend time pre-running in the desert, especially east coast guys because we don't have much experience there. The rocks are what they are, don't beat your rig too hard and don't break there. It is hard to pre-run those sections because come race day those canyons are suck a cluster fawk it is rare you will ever get on your favorite line. It is more of a challenge of adaptability and quickness to get through them without loosing much time. Very few of the rock sections were truely hard, except the big drop in Wrecking Ball and the plaque line on Sledge. The rocks sections are LONG and TECHNICAL, and it will wear you down after a while because you constantly have to pick lines and plan your next move. That is my opinion anyways.

Cole says the LCQ was gay, bunch of folks pulling up to backdoor and going straight to the winch. AC lost 3rd and Reverse in the trans, they have already swapped in a new one and it is good to go

Well. Never got any gears so I'm rocking my buggy prerunner style. Currie had the thick gears and I needed regular gears oh well. The lcq sucked today also. I'm still having a blast even though my **** is broke. Cambells buggy is sick fast. Should be interesting Friday. Also it's pretty cold. Aight I'm out to see what I can get into.

Daniel said AC's rig was greased and tigtened down. They get to sit in the tech/contingency line today and then racing tommorrow