• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

landcruiser?

Why do you even bother to ask? You clearly don't take anyones advice. Everyone told you not to buy a Cherokee, and you were about to buy one anyways. Are you gonna ask dumb questions about every cheap 4x4 you come across on craigslist?

YEP!:looser: My thoughts exactly. He just wants to talk like he is getting a wheeler. Asking for advice on things he isn't planning on getting. This here is the birth of a web wheeler:haha:
Maybe soon he will go to other sites and steal someones build passing it off as his own:stirpot::corn:

Every rig has it's pro's and con's If you find a rig, and you like it, BUY IT!
When you go on here asking everyone else what they think, you are just giving someone else more time to buy it before you. Buy something you are already familiar with; like a toyota. In the price range I am assuming you are in, you will not find a rig that doesn't require a certain amount of mods or repairs to get it capable of going offroad.

Go buy something that YOU like and halfway know about, and we can help you build it.
A Jeep owner is more likely to say buy a Jeep, and a Toyota owner will more than likely say buy a toyota, and so forth. The perfect rig isn't manufactured it is custom built.

Why do you even bother to ask? You clearly don't take anyones advice. Everyone told you not to buy a Cherokee, and you were about to buy one anyways. Are you gonna ask dumb questions about every cheap 4x4 you come across on craigslist?
hey man calm the **** down. you dont hav to reply if you dont want. and i obviously did take ur guys advice cuz i didnt buy that POS cherokee.

Every rig has it's pro's and con's If you find a rig, and you like it, BUY IT!
When you go on here asking everyone else what they think, you are just giving someone else more time to buy it before you. Buy something you are already familiar with; like a toyota. In the price range I am assuming you are in, you will not find a rig that doesn't require a certain amount of mods or repairs to get it capable of going offroad.

Go buy something that YOU like and halfway know about, and we can help you build it.
A Jeep owner is more likely to say buy a Jeep, and a Toyota owner will more than likely say buy a toyota, and so forth. The perfect rig isn't manufactured it is custom built.
ok. thanks for the advice philly. sorry for pissin yal off. i am only 15 so i dont know a whole lot about wheeling. im just starting to get into it. i know quite a bit about toyota trucks and 4runners, but thanks about it. i will let u guys know when i get somthing.

There are tons of rigs out there that have the potential of being a very capable wheelin rig, if they are built right. Few rigs come right off the line with the right stuff. Motors gotta be swapped, gears, axles, tranny/transfer case, bumpers get built, cages.........on and on. Start with a rig you lilke and add on the stuff that works:awesomework:

Good luck!:beer:

That all depends on your fabrication abilities. If you don't know what you are doing, I would suggest having someone with know-how helping you. I haven't done one personally, but I have helped do one, and it's not that tough. Just make sure you have EVERYTHING needed. The whole steering setup gets changed, and you will need a new driveline. There are a lot of guys on here that have done one, and if you get to that point I'm sure they can assist you.

cool. well i have been taking shop class. so i can weld prety damn good now. and i was pretty much raised in a garage, since my dad has been a mechanic for about 30 years. if i get somthing with ifs i probably will do a swap.

hey man calm the **** down. you dont hav to reply if you dont want. and i obviously did take ur guys advice cuz i didnt buy that POS cherokee.

I am plenty calm, and I obviously wanted to reply or I wouldn't have :fawkdancesmiley:

ok. thanks for the advice philly. sorry for pissin yal off. i am only 15 so i dont know a whole lot about wheeling. im just starting to get into it. i know quite a bit about toyota trucks and 4runners, but thanks about it. i will let u guys know when i get somthing.

Nobody here is pissed, just annoyed from the dumb questions :fawkdancesmiley:

Just be patient and wait for the right deal to come up on something you want. Don't rush into buying a wheeler just because it's there and cheap. When I was 15 I got my first Toyota for free. 84 longbed, sure it was full of trash, the motor was blown, and the interior smelt like death, but the price was right.

I am plenty calm, and I obviously wanted to reply or I wouldn't have :fawkdancesmiley:

Nobody here is pissed, just annoyed from the dumb questions :fawkdancesmiley:

Just be patient and wait for the right deal to come up on something you want. Don't rush into buying a wheeler just because it's there and cheap. When I was 15 I got my first Toyota for free. 84 longbed, sure it was full of trash, the motor was blown, and the interior smelt like death, but the price was right.

x2 Just go to my build thread for my CJ-7. That was no diamond when I bought it. It was broke down, full of trash, and had been rolled. $1000 though. :awesomework:

Get the 60.
**** the 40's. you aren't ready for that kind of hassle.
Get a cheap 60 or 62, beat the **** outta it till you know whether it's want you want.
They're kinda big and heavy have alot of glass, and out of the box are fine for light duty stuff. anything serious, and you'll be in the same boat as a stock truck or whatever.
Want something more serious, get an fzj80 (more money, better rig) with factory elockers (yes front and rear) and go beat the hell outta it.
also big and heavy, but really quite capable stock (get some good tires) and be prepared with any land cruiser to work on it a bit.

thanks for the info. i think im gonna look for a good deal on a landcruiser. i like them cuz they are also confortable and i have plenty of room for friends and random stuff.

Latest posts