• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

LC or DOA ????

Which engine

• Total voters

JACKED944RUNNER

Joining the Elists!
Okay I want to run a 4cyl and it has to be Toyota
So I want to know if I should go with an LC or a DOA? I want only your first hand experiance or opinons. No BS.

While you looking, check into engine builder in portland. They do blocks and sell mean heads to go with them. I've heard alot of good things about their motors and If I'm not mistaken, you can save some serious green.

I have a LCE 2.5 L in my wheeler. Bored .080 over 10.5:1 forged pistons EFI pro cam 1mm larger SS valves stiffer springs fully balnced etc.. It is a huge improvment over the stock '91 22re I was running. Makes great power in the top/mid but no better than stock in the bottom. Runs exceptionaly smooth too, all the way to 8500 rpm:D Have to run premo fuel tho.

Jacked ...you've come to the wrong place if you don't want at least a little BS...... :D

How's things.....haven't heard from ya in a while? :hi:

From my personal experience with LCE, I would recommend them.

What I fealt from LCE was they do all of their own work in their own shop with their own equipment, while DOA has to send EVERYTHING off to another machine shop to get bored, stroked etc etc.

Both has very good replacement equipment, but if there ever is a problem. LCE can back up their work and verify while DOA has to step out and look for the problem second hand.

I have the Big Bore TB from LCE and was going to go with the DOA, but the return time was two weeks longer that with LCE because of the out of house machining.

Oh yea......House projects and hopefully some work on the new rig?

Is this engine for your play toy? or are you building something else too?

im rockin the lcengineering street performer. it is better than a stock 22re by all means. but im just bored with the 22r motor now and dont see the point:rolleyes: