• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

LCQ Starting order

DavidsCJ7

KOH fever is at full tilt, and it's only a few weeks away from race day. But before the 3rd running of the King of the Hammers can take place, there will be the "Blue Torch Fab Last Chance Qualifer" for approximately 13 available positions.

With that said, here is the offiial starting order of the "Blue Torch Fab Last Chance Qualifier" to be held on Thursday, February 26, 2009 on the infamous "Back Door" trail at Johnson Valley.

Pos # Name Team Name State
1 Thomas Grady Over the Top Crawlers IL
2 Eric Holder Pikes Peak Rovers CO
3 Gary Hall CA
4 Greg Hussey Team Snivel CA
5 Stephen Watson Offroad Design CO
6 Craig Thompson S&T Motorsports CA
7 Branden Johnson SXOR UT
8 Ryan Jensen Hazardous Concepts CO
9 Chris May Yota Off Road SC
10 Matthew Legg Cowbell Racing CO
11 Bill Schueler Jagged X Racing AZ
12 Chad Burchik Ground Control Racing CO
13 John Markovich Marko Customs Racing CA
14 Troy Bailey TNT Racing UT
15 Drew Goldie Goldie Offroad NC
16 Kim Sears Rock Out Racing TN
17 Jason Pickett Terminal Velocity CO
18 Kevin Sacalas SCAT CA
19 Chad Hummer Az
20 James Andrus Midget Racing UT
21 Louie Keeners Team Ballzout MO
22 Clint Ellett Tanner 4x4 CO
23 Bryan Crofts GenRight CA
24 Loren Healey 667 Rockers NM
25 Dan Trout Fish Mouth Fab CA
26 Matt Overton Shake n Bake Racing AL
27 Pete Norris Tanner 4x4 CO
28 Sam Winget Winget Racing NC
29 Adam Carter ORC AL
30 Eric Graves EG Ca
31 Todd McCullen Desert Fab Motorsports AZ
32 Scott Angel Rubber Belly Racing KS
33 Terill Johnston Outlaw Motorsports UT
34 Nazir Adam Team Adam Racing
35 Josh Patt Rock TechRacing CO

I didn't know there was only 9 from the east coast. Well...maybe we'll all get in from the right side of the country. :dblthumb:

Matt O. said:
We have a great spot! I am jacked!

??? How do you figure? I want y'all to do good and qualify and all, but 26th isn't great.

Look for Gary Hall or Greg Hussey for the win.

I know, the win isn't all that important; it's the top 13 or so.

cccj said:
??? How do you figure? I want y'all to do good and qualify and all, but 26th isn't great.

I think that is a good spot because its further back in the pack and they know what time they have to beat. Rather than being in the first few to run.

Cole said:
I think that is a good spot because its further back in the pack and they know what time they have to beat. Rather than being in the first few to run.
Yeah, the further back you start should be a benefit. Go get 'em Matt. I will be sitting there watching you pass all those cars. :dblthumb:

I'm thinking 10-15 is good start, but you can't do anything about the luck of the draw, so just race as hard as you can and hope it's enough. :driving: thumb.gif

Oh yeah, and it does make a difference if your the winner or not...about $1700 in cash and certificates + some available contingency monies. :eek: 8) :dblthumb:

cccj said:
I'm thinking 10-15 is good start, but you can't do anything about the luck of the draw, so just race as hard as you can and hope it's enough. :driving: thumb.gif

Oh yeah, and it does make a difference if your the winner or not...about $1700 in cash and certificates + some available contingency monies. :eek: 8) :dblthumb:

I don't think you understand how the LCQ works. It is not a shotgun start. Each racer is on the course by themselves until the finish, or at least get past back door. 3 mile course, should take about 5 minutes to run if you are fast. If we all started at the same time or shotgun, 26 would blow.

As it is, we will know where we stand going into our run and what we need to place, ballpark anyways!

Boy do I feel stupid. :-\ I just read where it's going to be a timed race expecting most to be under 10 minutes. That definitely gives the advantage to the guys starting at the end.

It's anyone's race and I'm looking forward to :popcorn:

edit: Thanks, Matt.

I would rather run near the last, not really for the times, but you can watch lines and stuff all day seeing where the fast ones are. The one you pick in practice might not be the best. The more information the better unless you are a second guesser :****:

Are you going to be able to see the lines on back door from the start? Dont think we are lining up at the bottom of back door. So you better have your line picked. Then you got a good streach of desert after the rocks. So are you going to know anything about how fast people are finishing? I would say from the middle back you might have an idea, but you better be balls out cause you will have no idea what the 4 or 5 people in front of you have done. Then again someone in the middle of the pack could flop on the rocks and everyone on the course finish and you might have a better idea of what you need to do. I dont think it really mater where you start. Not first is good and anywhere after that will calm the nerves a bit. Lay it to the wood and hope it was good enough.

Toddy

The start is at camp and the end is the same. I heard Backdoor is few hundred yards from camp, but not viewing distance. 3-4 miles is what the course is.

Latest posts