• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Leaf Spung Buggy

looks like a great start:cool: but why are you running shackles in the front of the front springs?

it works so much better with them in front. it doesnt ride as good with them there but it is well worth it. and i dont have to run a stupid long slip drivline.

I guess we will see if I like my shackle reversal :redneck:

It's good in some ways and not in others. At least you don't have to worry about hard hits to your front bending your springs.

I like that Sam did mine shackle forward, but I suppose we'll see in the long run. Prolly have links by the time I figure it out anyways :redneck:

It's good in some ways and not in others. At least you don't have to worry about hard hits to your front bending your springs.

yeah it can bend your spring but i run spring clamps so i dont really have to worry about that.

yeah I bent my springs pretty bad when I ran them shackle forward, but the way it was setup they sat pretty low. Gota try both ways...

Well... we finally got things where we wanted them. 4' 2" to the outside of the tubes for width. We must have moved things around 50 times to get them just right. Here are a couple of pics from saturday.

Last edited:
Hopefully within' the next 3 weeks or so. At the rate we are working it's not out of the question. Here is what we got done tonight.

Last edited:
Hellz Yeah!!! Grizz is going to be all careful now since he may actually care about the poor little thing!

Looks great, whats the plan for the back side?

Sean

You Win

Ok, I just measured and the drain plug is at 21.5" and mine is 48" wide at the front of my "cab" and a whopping 54" at the widest point behind the seats, what a fatty!!! You win the small contest!!!:cheer:

Hellz Yeah!!! Grizz is going to be all careful now since he may actually care about the poor little thing!

Looks great, whats the plan for the back side?

Sean

i think were im going to copy twisted customs. and dont worry about me being careful with it i will forget about worring about it as soon as i get on the trail.

Ok, I just measured and the drain plug is at 21.5" and mine is 48" wide at the front of my "cab" and a whopping 54" at the widest point behind the seats, what a fatty!!! You win the small contest!!!:cheer:

:haha: i didnt realise it was a contest. im digging it.

:corn:

Lookin good, I am already building an oil shooter to cover that pretty new hood of yours, I so owe you that one!!!:kissmybutt:
Lookin good

:corn:

Lookin good, I am already building an oil shooter to cover that pretty new hood of yours, I so owe you that one!!!:kissmybutt:
Lookin good

:haha: that was oil sprinkler that was good times. i want to wheel the crusher in like 3 wks, if im ready hopefully will be. so you better have it done by then.

I'm just wondering why waste time and energy on a leaf sprung buggy? Leaf springs suck I know I've got em!?

Mark--when is your S&N rig going to be done?

Ya I thought so---Not everybody can afford to dump a **** load of $$ into a rig...

also look at all the formula toys out there--they work fine and you can upgrade the suspension as you go...

Latest posts