• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Leaf Spung Buggy

the whole reason i am building a tube chassis leaf sprung rig is because im 18, i have a tow rig to pay off, im paying cash for all my parts, no credit cards! my old rig was not safe for me as it had a hrew cage which was bent and everything. so instead of putting money into a bent toyota frame, im just starting fresh with all my old running gear. even though its old technology it works pretty good for me and i think i can keep up pretty damn good with rigs on links.

all i want is a good dependable rig that isnt bent, and twisted. that i can take out wheeling every weekend and beat on. and for the people that i have wheeled with and or seen me wheel have see my driving style and understand why im making a stronger safer rig. for i dont hold back when it comes to driving i like to push the envelope of my vehicle and driving skill.

and for everybody that is a leaf spring hater i understand why but you have to understand some what why i am building this rig.

also i will be sure to not let my leaf springs hold me up.

i dont care if you have bad things to say about leaf springs it isnt going to keep me from running them. and for not waiting and building my rig "right" i cant wait to get on the trail cause i love wheeling so much going more then a month without wheeling kills me.

thanks chris.

sorry if this is just a lot of rambling.:corn:

Don't listen to them chris

Carry on :awesomework:

dont worry i wont listen to them i no what i want and thats what im doing even it is wrong but i just want to get on the trail again. it has been way to long.:booo:

Get it done Chris I'm hopeing to go back out in about a month.With my own rig.Looks good Oh yea you have know driving style your just nuts

Paulie and I are building a leaf buggy (more him than me lately) he has the upgrade later thing in mind, given it is being built as it's getting link's and shocks, there is a little compromise now, but it is all in preperation for when he is linked. I deleted his build thread because of the haters and the bitchers. People are just a little too narrow minded around here in my opinion. Not a damn thing wrong with what's going on here.......nice work, take your time, have fun.

I'm following that build...:corn:

I like it...:cool:

I'm also a fan of the "go fast hole":awesomework:

Paulie and I are building a leaf buggy (more him than me lately) he has the upgrade later thing in mind, given it is being built as it's getting link's and shocks, there is a little compromise now, but it is all in preperation for when he is linked. I deleted his build thread because of the haters and the bitchers. People are just a little too narrow minded around here in my opinion. Not a damn thing wrong with what's going on here.......nice work, take your time, have fun.

Where's the link to the thread on Whore? I can't find it?

the whole reason i am building a tube chassis leaf sprung rig is because im 18, i have a tow rig to pay off, im paying cash for all my parts, no credit cards! my old rig was not safe for me as it had a hrew cage which was bent and everything. so instead of putting money into a bent toyota frame, im just starting fresh with all my old running gear. even though its old technology it works pretty good for me and i think i can keep up pretty damn good with rigs on links.

all i want is a good dependable rig that isnt bent, and twisted. that i can take out wheeling every weekend and beat on. and for the people that i have wheeled with and or seen me wheel have see my driving style and understand why im making a stronger safer rig. for i dont hold back when it comes to driving i like to push the envelope of my vehicle and driving skill.

and for everybody that is a leaf spring hater i understand why but you have to understand some what why i am building this rig.

also i will be sure to not let my leaf springs hold me up.

i dont care if you have bad things to say about leaf springs it isnt going to keep me from running them. and for not waiting and building my rig "right" i cant wait to get on the trail cause i love wheeling so much going more then a month without wheeling kills me.

thanks chris.

sorry if this is just a lot of rambling.:corn:

Man I think its kick ass your building a leaf sprung buggy!!! I just turned 20 on the 29th last month, and have always wanted to build a buggy, I have a **** ton of respect for you especially the fact that your building what you want and what you know works for you and your driving style!!! Maybe you can link it in the future. . . . But the more important thing is being out wheeling and having fun with friends and family:awesomework:

I look forward to seeing this thing done and out on the trail! Let me know when you take it to reiter I got a video I am trying to finish!!!!

Hey if you ever need an extra hand or sumthing let me know!! I love working on trucks, and getting my hands dirty!:cool: Maybe even a friendship out of the deal!!!!:beer:

Good luck Keep it up!

looking good, even more soo when ur 18:awesomework: . Money can be real tight at that age and high dollar shiat adds up fast :booo: . Carry on and get r done:redneck:

So, I know you foos was a fabbin this weekend.

Lets see some progress pics!!!! My crap is gonna be ready to hit the rocks again soon. So get back to work!

Grizzly went out of town to see his girl this weekend so all I have is some pics from Friday. We'll be back to work this week though.

Last edited:
Once again I'm not bashing him for using leaf springs, I think it's great he's making his own ride and learning tons of **** in the processs, my whole point is leaf spring suspensions are not the greatest on the planet, for the same or a little more money he could have pulled a coil spring, not Coil over shocks mind you, not air shocks, plain old Coil setup out of a Jeep, Ranger, F-150, or you choice of Truck or even car front end. I understand budgets thats why I've got leaf springs, however I don't have any kind of buggy and was only trying to point out since he has enough dough, help instruction to build what hes built he could have just as easily put some kind of inexpensive coil radius arm setup in that thang, thats it, I stand by my opinion, if you don't like it **** you.

BTW your ride's lookin good I'm sure you're gettin the "itch" for a test run!

:awesomework:

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice!

I am glad to see it coming together.

I do think its funnay all the chat about links and leaf springs though. Grizz's old rig went very well on leafs. He had them mind you. He literally bought a bunch of tube, some quarter inch plate and started building a new rig with everything he already had. Not to mention that the axles were already setup for the Leaf suspension so no major work had to be done in that department.

The other major issue is time. He is building this in a very short period of time. Were heading to Moab soon and all the bugs need to be worked out. I believe that he is shooting for start to finish in less than 2 months. That is only working on it evenings and weekends.

Keep in mind that is chassis, motor tranny tcase mounts, suspension mounts, wiring, plumbing, cooling, winch, radiator, fuel cell, I am guessing that you get the idea. Try adding links, link mounts trusses geometry delivery time on parts and the leaf springs start to look like a really good idea.

Wheelin is everything for some people. Christian is definatley on of those people and it shows in his passion for the sport.

Nice job to Both of you, your hard work will pay off the minute your rig is on the trail and all the others are still in the garage waiting for heim joints and link parts.:rolleyes:

Later

Nice work Sam and Chris, you guy's are really coming along!!... I wish I lived closer, I'd come over and get in your way...I mean help:D