• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

leaking trail gear p/s pump

called trailgear, they only replace in first year from original purchaser, they also have no info for a rebuild kit.. any sugestions for a quality replacement pump other than trail gears? if im going to spend that kind of money id at least like to get more than one season out of it and have the option of rebuilding it? thanks..

I was under the impression that it is a gm-style pump, my buddy said the trail-gear bracket allows you to run a gm pump on a 22re

reproduced gm tc pump.. no part numbers on pump, going to try a seal kit for a 1987 pontiac sunbird, will know tomorow if it the right kit.

well the seal kit was the right one, but the seal cut on the shaft is deep, still leaks. trail gears pump seems to be very low quality for price. going to try a pump from a tj, looks like it should work.

all the tc pumps shuld bolt up the same.
the valve in the back of it is what controls presure and flow, you can swap them if you want. ( providing TG actualy did any thing to them) or you can mod them your self....

out of curiosity did the tj pump bolt right to the ttail gear mount?

it bolted up to the trail gear bracket, the feed line has a neck with a clamp now instead of a threaded fitting. havent had it off road yet but it feels just as strong as the tg pump.. give me a call next time you head over to elbe..