• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Leaky sidewall

DRM

One of my TSL's has a leaky sidewall. Not a cut or puncture, but a spot about 4" across on the sidewall just leaks air through the rubber. Any thoughts on a large patch on the inside in that area to stop it, or at least slow it down? Or maybe a coating of tire patch glue in that area on the inside? it's a trail rig so I'm not expecting perfection, but not having to air up a flat tire every week would be nice.

Thoughts?

Re:

I hate Green Slime, but it might help enough to keep it up for a while

Sent from my XT1049 using Tapatalk

I'd do a patch over anything else. Hell I had a tire vulcanized really close to the bead, and the guy still put a patch on it.

I was trying to avoid dumping a bunch of goop in the tire when I know the exact problem area of the sidewall... I'm still thinking a large patch and plenty of sealant in the area will get the results I am hoping for.

DRM said:
Ok, so I'll just come get enough of yours to smear on the trouble area... deal? ;)

That stuff is like super badass slime

You just need a patch.

I happen to like slime ( and goopy stuff like it). My Irok sidewalls have big wet spots all over them from slime, but they never leak down! They've held 10 psi for almost a year since I put a quart of slime in each tire.

DRM said:
Ok, so I'll just come get enough of yours to smear on the trouble area... deal? ;)

If you want to break down a double beadlock wheel to get some out, then go for it. thumb.gif

Re:

tonybolton said:
It looks like the original poster has found his answer.... now to derail this thread. How much does a double beadlock weigh?!

15-20 lbs more than a standard beadlock I'd guess

Slime isn't that bad, it rinses right off with a garden hose. I'd rather break down a tire with slime and clean it out than maintenance my d60 or 14b hub bearings. :****:

wizzo said:
Slime isn't that bad, it rinses right off with a garden hose. I'd rather break down a tire with slime and clean it out than maintenance my d60 or 14b hub bearings. :****:
I love not having to do any of this.