• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

LED Shop/Garage Lights...What Do You Use???

Think I'll be picking up 3-4 of the Sam's lights for the garage. Thanks for all the info and reviews on these. Hopefully they work out well.

I've been using them over a year in unpleasant conditions. They are holding up fine. I pull the end off with the chain pull switch and wire them direct on. Then run a couple of 2 inch self tapper right through the center. Cause I don't trust the plastic clamps. However mine are mounted in work trailers.

rpf500 said:
I bought a T8 light and before I went and spent a ton of money a buddy showed me these. I bought from menards. You could screw these right in to what you have now. Need ceramic bases though. I'm extremely happy with them. Just this weekend I told a guy I should get rid of the T8.
https://www.1000bulbs.com/product/6052/FC65-S65.html?gclid=CN_XwIGX8NACFQ-DaQodE3UAXg
Let me see if I can load a picture of my shop.....

I've gone through a lot of those damn things. I won't do that again. Never lasted, and hated the cold.

As someone else mentioned, my shop had T-5 High Bays, those things were friggin great. I had them in there for 5 years and never had one bulb fail. Always started in the cold, and no noise. Clean bright as hell light.

IMG_20110504_201313.jpg

Some project pics to show the shop in progress

boatinterior3_zpsaede7893.jpg

P1060235.jpg

IMG_0007_zpsae926a48.jpg

trucker said:
Couple of pictures, so y'all can see how bright the lights I posted are.

df02b6506bd2f2d324cbf1fa99c783df.jpg
cb954e8db64a52d9b9d0e64dfba8ec69.jpg

John
You need to get your son Jesse over there and wash some of your **** off, RBD made it all NASTY!

Re: Re: Re: LED Shop/Garage Lights...What Do You Use???

TacomaJD said:
What size shop is that and what size doors?
40 X 30 shop. Shop was there when we bought the house. Not positive on the door size but I wish they were taller. I can measure them when I get home if you need me too.

John

I ended up buying 6 lights total (4 for me and 2 for a neighbor). Two other neighbors combined to buy an additional 10 lights.

2 screw in style 100 watt LED Bulbs.

2 screw in style 100 watt LED Bulbs with 2 Sam's Club LED lights just stuck under the Overhead Storage bins. Sam's lights will be moved back towards the regular lights and mounted to the ceiling.

2 Sam's Club LED lights just stuck under the Overhead Storage bins. Sam's lights will be moved back towards the regular lights and mounted to the ceiling.

Re: Re: Re: LED Shop/Garage Lights...What Do You Use???

trucker said:
40 X 30 shop. Shop was there when we bought the house. Not positive on the door size but I wish they were taller. I can measure them when I get home if you need me too.

John

That's awesome, been looking for pic like that for room reference. I am going to build a 30x40 in a few months. That will be pretty ideal for the room I am looking to have in a shop.

Re: Re: LED Shop/Garage Lights...What Do You Use???

zukimaster said:
Josh, trucker lives in Gaylesville if you wanted to go check out his shop in person.
Yup more than welcome to come by.

John

Re:

I do appreciate it, I believe those pics are plenty good enough. Looks like yours is 12' walls and 10x10 doors from what I can tell, which is exactly what I am interested in, so it's great to see that size shop with stuff parked in it.

Ordered 8 of these and got em today. Threw two up real quick to see how bright they are. Looking forward to getting the rest up and taking down the power sucking high bays.

579a8239da9167388523171372003d9c.jpg

back to lights, at Sam's, the singles are out of stock still. Pairs of what looks to be the exact same fawking light are 59 for the pair as opposed to $35 for one. Weird. Bought $260 worth of lights yesterday, see how they do.
pair
http://www.samsclub.com/sams/2pack-led-shop-light-sh445501q299/prod20952614.ip?xid=plp:product:1:4
single
http://www.samsclub.com/sams/4ft-led-shoplight-wt-in-club-item-712371/prod20070899.ip?xid=plp:product:1:5

LED light page with 2 brand options:
http://www.samsclub.com/sams/search/searchResults.jsp?searchCategoryId=all&searchTerm=led%20shop%20light&fromHome=yes&xid=hdr_search-typeahead_led-shop-light&_requestid=3958338

Had these up for a couple weeks now and they are killer. Would like to add another one or two in the back left corner but it's not really necessary since that's storage.

dc6cb911220c70f83de9c91f76c9faef.jpg