• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

LED Shop/Garage Lights...What Do You Use???

Jduck said:
Had these up for a couple weeks now and they are killer. Would like to add another one or two in the back left corner but it's not really necessary since that's storage.

Are those the Sam's lights or a different brand?

I'm looking at these for mine. They look like they do great for the price. Maybe a dumb question but going to ask anyway... on the lights from sams, were you able to hard wire them or? I see it says it comes with a 5ft cord to attach to a plug in. I'm not a fan of cords running everywhere. I'm no electrian so figured I'd ask.

79yoyo said:
I'm looking at these for mine. They look like they do great for the price. Maybe a dumb question but going to ask anyway... on the lights from sams, were you able to hard wire them or? I see it says it comes with a 5ft cord to attach to a plug in. I'm not a fan of cords running everywhere. I'm no electrian so figured I'd ask.

Just cut the plugs off and hard wire,

Or if you are installing new, put receptacles in the ceiling and just plug them in.

I've been buying the 4ft LED Sam's lights and piggy backing them on my 8' lights to fill in dark spots in the shop

I even wired one to my garage door opener. Much better than the single light bulb (which I also replaced with a 13w LED).

Eddyj said:
I took the pull chain switch out of mine and wired it straight.

did you run your romex (or whatever wire is in the shop) straight into the light and put the wire nuts inside the light body?

I'm assuming that most people with home shops/garages have solid wire for lights/plugs instead of conduit and stranded wire... ???

Awesome. Sounds good! How long have you guys had them up? I saw some reviews online saying some have failed within a few weeks of install.

I've got probably 10 I've ised in poor conditions haven't had one fail yet. Just ran some good 3wire in were the extension cord was. Wire nuts inside.

Ran a couple of 3 inch long self rappers through the middle of housing to secure them.