• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Lemons team anyone?

Just watched Top Gear, they ran the LeMons, I got the bug. Anyone want to team up and run? I'm really only interested in the Bama and SC races for now, see what's up after that. I have an '03 Cavalier I can use...

Re:

I wanted to do it years ago and then when we watched top gear last night my I thought about it again. Just have to know there's alot of people out there with cars that are more than 500 bux. That would piss me off big time. Anyhow id be interested if you decide to do it.

There was a guy on here running a mj in it a while back.

If I lived closer I'd be all over it. Not sure if I would fit in a cavalier tho....convertible??

dragbody has raced with the bomber civic (Morris mnt rock rally) its a blast..the $500 thing...he said they kept using the "spirit of chump car/cheap racing" motto....so not necessarily sticking to $500 but stay cheap.

kmcminn said:
In da shop raced it. If I remember correctly.

Pretty sure they raced a cherokar that had a bent dead axle up front to improve cornering. I've read the thread, just can't remember if it was here or on pirate.

Re:

Yes, count me in. I have talked to Indashop about this. 4-5 people is best. I'll send you some of the info he sent me.

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk

I did a race a few years back, we had a Datsun B210 with like 40hp, it was fun, we blew our rear diff up when an axle seal let loose and we lost all the diff fluid, but we were able to drag another axle out of a local field before the 2nd race day and swap the 3rd out, we won a judges award for that one.

fuggg yaaaaaa

We've raced for 6 years in LeMons. Same 5 dudes, but this year our team has fallen apart, new babies, one on the way, one dude new career. Leaving really just two of us available.
We have two cars for the 5 of us, most races are 14.5 hrs (7.5 Sat, 7 Sun) so call that 29 hours of driving between 5 guys. No lack of track time!

I'll answer any questions you got. We have won the Gulf Point series or been top 2 for multiple years. Have multiple class wins, and tons of Top 5 & Top 10's overall.

Cheapest most fun I have, and I didnt expect it. My expectations were so low. My major advice: build something you know. It will become paramount when things break.
And you'll notice veteran cars are much faster than your new build. Well thats not unusual. If you start a race with a $500 car, you dont end with one. So you get a residual value, say $100. That gives you $400 to make go fast upgrades for the next race. our Cherokee has 11 or 12 of those residuals on it. So she's a fast bitch!

So that all said, we are selling one of our two cars. We race two Jeeps, a cherokee and a comanche. We are offroad guys so adhering to the build what you know. Its really helped up in troubleshooting issues.
Plus the 4.0l is a torque monster compared to the momentum cars (Miata, Hondas, BMW's, etc) add big brakes which we did and you can late brake for the pass, then power out of the corner to beat the packs.
The fastest way through any corner is on the line, but sometimes the line has traffic on it, so you gotta make a hole. The jeeps are really good at making that hole.

$4500 ($500 car, $4000 in safety exemption)
1997 Cherokee, 4.0L, AW4, 8.8 rear with 4.10 and LS, VANCO big brakes to beat all the suckers into the corners. Full SCCA certified cage, race seat and harness.

e4e2f535.jpg

If you need any info, or advice, or wanna buy our cherokee and go race right now. Hit me up. I'll help in any way possible, to get people on the track and having fun.

got some funny vids of random of jeez moments over the years.

Wet Track spin
MSR Houston - Test & Tune in the Rain

Me adjusting the mirror after I just got in and shattering it. Made for some suboptimal door closings!
wyattmirror

Dont mind me, I'm just trying to pass ya.... (watch my passenger mirror)
Get in where ya fit in

And here is my first hard contact in 6 years, and i hit my own teammate on TGTW team B. Capri collected everybody and shoved them outside. I thought I was being safe by going so wide, and the radio dialog with the green Corolla (teammate) was we both wanted to be outside cause of how thick the pack was. Outside wasnt the line...
Capri made a low probability move and it screwed us all.

TGTW on TGTW action from MSR Lemons 2015

I appreciate all the offers guys! The only things I really need are drivers, a feller with a tow pig that gets better than my 6.7mpg, and help with the car's and individual drivers fees. From what I gathered, it's a little steep for me to finance alone. I can't afford an SCCA car, so this is the next step and I can't even afford that! :****:

Oh, and I was thinking 2017 as a starting point. Give us time to build and test and break and fix and prep and test and prep and test and have the car at 65% on race day. :driving:

I'm down for an Alabama race, I think they raced Barbers this year which is real close to the house and shop.. Don't have a race fire suit but may be able to pit, supply tools and junk. I've always wanted to do this since I first read about it in a magazine years ago. What's the theme going to be?