• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Let's see your tow rig!!!

'03 factory Sport dually w/ 140k. Had it a couple years but never posted it here.
20190829_142459.jpg

That's a neat setup. What all will the bus have inside for living quarters/area?
Thanks, I found skoolies many years ago and have always threatened to build one then covid hit said I jumped in. It was a 15 passenger airport shuttle bus, then a church bus and now this.

It was a pile of rust when I bought it but it's pretty much done at this point. I have a (sort of) build thread here: https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/t8rtotr-it-totes-the-tater.1251183/

I've slept out in the elements one too many times so decided it would have all the creature comforts: Queen bed , Shower, Full Kitchen (w/ propane oven/stove/ 12v frig) 40 gal fresh water, on-demand hot water, A/C & diesel heater, Shower, 30amp and water hookup.

Exterior is rough and was never really a priority but I am in the process of sanding it back down for a clean up and repaint. I also built a front bumper for it a couple months ago and gonna throw a cheap 12k winch on it.

Thanks, I found skoolies many years ago and have always threatened to build one then covid hit said I jumped in. It was a 15 passenger airport shuttle bus, then a church bus and now this.

It was a pile of rust when I bought it but it's pretty much done at this point. I have a (sort of) build thread here: https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/t8rtotr-it-totes-the-tater.1251183/

I've slept out in the elements one too many times so decided it would have all the creature comforts: Queen bed , Shower, Full Kitchen (w/ propane oven/stove/ 12v frig) 40 gal fresh water, on-demand hot water, A/C & diesel heater, Shower, 30amp and water hookup.

Exterior is rough and was never really a priority but I am in the process of sanding it back down for a clean up and repaint. I also built a front bumper for it a couple months ago and gonna throw a cheap 12k winch on it.

:dblthumb:

Only time I drive my tow rig is to pull something. 2011 ram 2500 4x4 6.7, full delete, efi live, strait pipe, free mods.

20210421_194314.jpg

Attachments

• 20200522_152457.jpg
    20200522_152457.jpg
    347.3 KB · Views: 172
  • 20210703_045326.jpg
    20210703_045326.jpg
    244.1 KB · Views: 199
95 Ram. Never been a dodge guy but I love the 12 valve. It's pulled anything I can hook to it.

Attachments

• 1B6025E5-5826-417C-BCFF-5E3E48EB6E98.jpeg
    1B6025E5-5826-417C-BCFF-5E3E48EB6E98.jpeg
    465.6 KB · Views: 168
Haha. Truck needs tires so time to replace the truck:)
In my defense, the wife didn't sound too enthusiastic when I said about upgrading back in October. Ordered tires last week and in the meantime, she started sending me links to trucks. Not that I needed permission, but I'm better off if I can blame it on her. Gonna look at a truck tomorrow and another on Saturday. But since I'm not desperate, I'm not afraid to walk away if it's not a fair deal considering I just put the coopers on today. That said, one of the trucks has 6 brand new tires on it but I'm betting they've been factored into the price one way or another.

On a side note, this "market adjustment" bs on new trucks is just that, bs. 5-10k OVER msrp? No thanks. I can still haggle on a slightly used truck and from what I've seen, the remarkable value of mine offsets the slight increase in pre-owned prices. Of course, some are more outrageous than others and I'm avoiding those. But I've essentially paid about 10k to use my truck for over 60k miles. The ones I'm looking at are at 20-30k miles for about 20k under their original msrp. So I feel like I'm still coming out ahead. At least, that's what I'll keep telling myself.

Rant OFF.

In my defense, the wife didn't sound too enthusiastic when I said about upgrading back in October. Ordered tires last week and in the meantime, she started sending me links to trucks. Not that I needed permission, but I'm better off if I can blame it on her. Gonna look at a truck tomorrow and another on Saturday. But since I'm not desperate, I'm not afraid to walk away if it's not a fair deal considering I just put the coopers on today. That said, one of the trucks has 6 brand new tires on it but I'm betting they've been factored into the price one way or another.

On a side note, this "market adjustment" bs on new trucks is just that, bs. 5-10k OVER msrp? No thanks. I can still haggle on a slightly used truck and from what I've seen, the remarkable value of mine offsets the slight increase in pre-owned prices. Of course, some are more outrageous than others and I'm avoiding those. But I've essentially paid about 10k to use my truck for over 60k miles. The ones I'm looking at are at 20-30k miles for about 20k under their original msrp. So I feel like I'm still coming out ahead. At least, that's what I'll keep telling myself.

Rant OFF.

Ha guilty as charged for using the same strategery in terms of "permission" and having it be her idea. With my wife though, her Craigslist and Marketplace shopping sufferers from browsing ADDHD.

Here's 6 of what we are looking for. Here's a VW bus. Here's a broken but lifted lawnmower. Here's 3 more trucks but each one $80k etc and so on.