• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Lewis Chapel trail ride video

Mass flo isn't adding 200 - 300 at the flywheel much less at he ground ...

I'm asking because I'm curious as to how much power its going to take to get my 47's spinning that easy. :)

What axle ratio?

J. J.

not sure about all the mods to the motor but no shortage of HP fo sho .none of the vids show him wide open he craked it a couple of times on some wide open flat areas but I don't think you could hold it climbing anything unless it was just a big open area . never got out of first gear all day

It started off as a Motown Short Block then had the Kellartown mods done, it has diferent heads,cam,and pistons a regular oh Motown won't hang. Patoyee, I can tell you he is not running 6.72's nowhere close, so it would be hard to compare. You need to check out tbacon38's he runs dump truck axles and he can spin a tire or 4. I would guess you need a minium of 600hp but i think 2.5tons are harder to spin from my experience, so maybe 700.

Bubba1 said:
It started off as a Motown Short Block then had the Kellartown mods done, it has diferent heads,cam,and pistons a regular oh Motown won't hang. Patoyee, I can tell you he is not running 6.72's nowhere close, so it would be hard to compare. You need to check out tbacon38's he runs dump truck axles and he can spin a tire or 4. I would guess you need a minium of 600hp but i think 2.5tons are harder to spin from my experience, so maybe 700.

What are the "Kellartown" mods??? 882 rwhp is probably around 1000 - 1200 at the crank. That's right up there with blown 500+CID big block monster truck engines. I'm sorry but that's just hard to believe on 427 naturally aspirated cubes. 882 at the crank would be more believable.

J. J.

Everybody is so damn serious and will believe anything they hear Bubba1 put that up for a joke but I tell you what I would line the "Slimer" buggy up beside any body in the woods that motor is a hoss I think he runs 4.11 in the chunks, its hard to get wheel speed with 6.72 unless you got 700 plus ponies. Kellartown mods are for us to know and the world to find out bout later.

tbacon38 said:
Everybody is so damn serious and will believe anything they hear Bubba1 put that up for a joke but I tell you what I would line the "Slimer" buggy up beside any body in the woods that motor is a hoss I think he runs 4.11 in the chunks, its hard to get wheel speed with 6.72 unless you got 700 plus ponies. Kellartown mods are for us to know and the world to find out bout later.

Sorry, its hard to tell on the net sometimes. Was just trying to get an education. So no one has accurate power numbers for that engine then? What t-case gears? I wasn't so much impressed with the wheel speed. It was the ease with which he gets them spinning from a stop that made my eyes :eek:. That's either gearing or torque. With 4.11's its probably not gearing which makes me wonder even more about accurate power numbers. I'm impressed as it is already and am not saying a bad thing about it. Just wanted to know more. If that's an insult then call me an asshole, I don't care. It was pretty obvious to me at least that it wasn't no 882 though. :)

J. J.

Stall converter helps with the quickness, the atlas is a 3.8. Now thats all the secret info no real number on the motor, besides 882 RWHP no let's make it 882 at the tail shaft used a dyno designed for boats to read at the prop shaft.

Well a motown has what 600 out of the box so there is a good number just build your motor big your running rocks so it ain't going to hurt nothing building it big, go big or get out of the way is what I say he has a mean little motor molaugh in that buggy and anybody can tell you that it takes torque to get the tires up and moving so I would guess you need a lot of torque

It felt like I was strapped to a rocket I'd say whatever the number is it's more than enough to do the trick

billybob7745 said:
1800 hmmmmmm.... Im getting 2500 out of my 1.3 sami motor........ Lmfao

Mine only has the "Patooyeetown" mods done to it. Apparently I need to inquire into the "Billyburb" mods. :)

J. J.

patooyee said:

tbacon38 said:
http://www.worldcastings.com/products/engines/small-block-chevrolet-engines/motown-427-engines/
Here is a good link to school you it has never been on a dyno let Shane (the owner of the buggy) tell you more if he wants just letting you know what I do. When you get the 1800 honda ready I would like to see it so maybe we can catch up one day and ride some.

Thanks, I've been to that class already. :)

Seriously, all ya'll have badass rigs and I would be honored to ride with you when the ole 1.8L is up and running. (Hopefully won't be long.) Don't knock imports though, she's got 350,000 miles on the original build and gets 28mpg on the highway. :)

J. J.