• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Life of a Cherokee

JEEParon

ok well ive been here long enough and never really made a build up thread. im gonna show where it all started up untill how it sits right now, and i will update it as it progresses.

baught it bone stock and perfectly straight and clean for $1500 in july '04. daily drove it and weekend wheeled it for a good 6 months or so..........

Cherokee_004.jpg

Cherokee017.jpg

Cherokee030.jpg

then saved up and baught a RE 3.5" superflex kit and a used set of 31" BFG's. still daily driving it.

jeep006.jpg

wheelin006.jpg

and baught a set of used rock rails...
newrails004.jpg

so then around summer of 05 decided that 31's was lame and i wanted to move up, and began the tear down. to start funding the project i scored and picked up a complete non running cherokee that i complete stripped and sold the parts..

axleout002.jpg

bought my d44 from Bunk, and traded the 2.5L from the blue cherokee to Junkyard Jim for my 9"

yes it was bright yellow when i got it from bunk:redneck:
41355027_129951768_0.jpg

TO BE CONTINUED SHORTLY>>>

Everybody already knows the ending to the story... Man builds cherokee, man wheels cherokee, man slowly learns cherokee has no frame, man buys jeep with frame, man much happier now...Man crushes cherokee wiht new jeep.:masturbanana[1]:

Everybody already knows the ending to the story... Man builds cherokee, man wheels cherokee, man slowly learns cherokee has no frame, man buys jeep with frame, man much happier now...Man crushes cherokee wiht new jeep.:masturbanana[1]:

Screw that, real men simply build a frame for there jeep.

April%2022%20014.JPG

Or in my case have tomsbrokeagain build it for them. :fawkdancesmiley:

Ok, now where are the updates man, it says to be continued shortly and I've waited a whole hour!

Holy **** dude that's funny :haha: :haha: :haha:

ok heres some more......

So me and Paulie start working on the axle swaps, and here is our first attempt, which didnt turn out very good. Oh well gotta start and learn somewhere! :masturbanana[1]:

being uneducated on ford d44's i came to find after i bought it that it had the cast radius arm mounts that cant be removed. so, it was run radius arms or buy a new d44...

Radius Arms!!
yeah pretty ugly and bent, but they worked :redneck: :mad:
P1010275.jpg

one thing that got built right the first time was the crossmember, which was thought up and built by Paulie and is still in my rig, untouched since it got built :awesomework:

P1010276.jpg

P1010277.jpg

P1010288.jpg

and heres how we did the coil buckets
P1010292.jpg

P1010291.jpg

P1010289.jpg

well we came to realize that bolting the buckets to the radius arms was a bad idea for flexing. so that setup was trashed pretty quick

but heres how it was sitting at the time

P1010294.jpg

P1010278.jpg

P1010283.jpg

54422848_166206151_0.jpg

oh and if anyone was curious. the suspension is Rubicon ZJ 4.5" coils, and RE XJ 4.5" leafs with shackles. Tires were 37" SSR's

and before i get horribly flamed for the front end setup id like to add that it has been improved as you will see later in the thread

Last edited:
ok heres some more for ya...........

so its now all put together and driving. i traded my SSR's for a set or 37x13 Boggers. As of now the track bar is all ghetto'd out and the steering setup BLOWS! We used the stock track bar and welded a different end on it to bolt it up the axle and didnt measure right cuz the track was off a few inches :mad: :booo:
the draglink angle was horrible and it had the worst bump steer i had ever seen. heres some pics of it at the time

you can get an idea of the steering:masturbanana[1]:
cherokeeee013.jpg

cherokeeee009.jpg

cherokeeee011.jpg

mallcrawlin.jpg

wheeled it a couple times and broke it...alot! snapped my steering box bolts twice. the second time was in someones woods on their property in a nasty spot. this is when kelly asked to borrow my third for the "weekend" and never saw that again. so my jeep sat in the woods and rotted for a few months before we were able to recover it. Also had my boggers stolen while it was sitting in the woods:rolleyes:

so when i finally got it back to my shop, me and paulie decided to go through the front end and re-do everything and built **** right while i waited to get a third member back...

broken-1.jpg

last pic for this post. next thing i post will be the most recent updates of the rig

So who's the color blind person that helped with your Cherokee?

Boggers? Did you go back in a time machine to the 80's to see what everyone thought was cool but worked like ass?

So who's the color blind person that helped with your Cherokee?

Boggers? Did you go back in a time machine to the 80's to see what everyone thought was cool but worked like ass?

yes boggers! did a couple runs on them and i have iroks now so kiss my ass:fawkdancesmiley:

Latest posts