• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Lifters (not engine ticking sounds)

Started back dead lift training last week. Twice a week low reps high weight heavy squats in between to strengthen up me legs. Pulled 405 this morning and followed up with a set of reps at 355. Felt good, no pain, no wraps, alternating grips and a little chalk. Felt real good! Once I hit 405 x 5 I will max again. Nursing this dang shoulder made me lose a bunch but it seems to be on the mend. Eating shark cartilage pills and glucosamine like candy has helped!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I weighed in at 146 Monday morning and maxed 315. That's my all time best. Pretty psyched

I box jumped 38.5" yesterday Think I can hit 40 for sure.

How's your deadlift comin money pit?

Can't believe I didn't see this before now
5'9" 230-240
Bench. 365x1. Wanting 405 can on smith just not free weights yet
Military press 275x6. Like to keep my shoulders so don't go heavy behind the neck 225 don't want an injury
Flat bench dumbbell 130x10. That's the biggest set at my gym
Incline dumbbell 100x10
Squat. 405x10 I like my knees
Leg press 1350x6. That's all my gyms machine will hold
Deadlift 315x10 strapped I like my back so I will go heavy on cables or t-bar rows

I pretty much follow kris gethin's 12 week trainer but starting to get bored with it done it like 6 times now do y'all recommend any good ones or do you just come up with your own

LightBnDr said:
I weighed in at 146 Monday morning and maxed 315. That's my all time best. Pretty psyched

315 at 146 is very impressive very good accomplishment

NTIDWELL said:
I pretty much follow kris gethin's 12 week trainer but starting to get bored with it done it like 6 times now do y'all recommend any good ones or do you just come up with your own
I cherish my knees, back, neck and shoulders like you do. So I just build my own routines. I focus alot on tendon strength in an area where my joints will be stressed by a heavy max weight. So I incorporate alot of heavy low rep short movement workouts for all of my muscle groups. Has made a giant difference in joint comfort.

I think a lot of my gains came from only one muscle group per day with lights legs and calves thrown in twice a week. So I never combined large muscle groups like back and chest with arms or shoulders of any kind.

I started this way about 2 years ago with muscle recovery in mind and it seemed to really catapult my gains.

Of course we always plateau so I just change it up. I'm sure you have a way that works well for you.

So money pit, where you at home boy?

I like my knees and back so I train smart. I go heavy for a week or two then take a week for higher reps. My wife trains with me now which keeps me super motivated. I'm 5'6" and have cut down to my smallest in years at 195 pounds. Pulled 455 for 5 the other day and front squated 355 for 6. My best squat ever was 600x1. Told my wife last night that I'm shooting for a 700 pound squat in 2016. As long as my body holds up its a very achievable goal

Holy smokes, you're a redwood stump. That's awesome. We are the same height but you got me by 50lbs

Great numbers. Freakin sweet

Little info on myself first.
5'6" 165lbs.

Best snatch to date 205lb
Best clean and jerk 245
Back squat 365
Deadlift 445
All weights are free weights no machines
And since we are talking about crossfit best Fran time is 3:47.

LightBnDr said:
Holy smokes, you're a redwood stump. That's awesome. We are the same height but you got me by 50lbs

Great numbers. Freakin sweet

Thanks man. My wife weighs 109 pounds and pulled 135 pounds for 22 reps with no straps. She's turning into a beast in the gym. Super proud of her

For me and my wife a huge change was stopping drinking. We eat really clean during the week, but allow some cheat stuff on the weekends bc we still like to go on dates together. It's hard at first to eat right, but as time goes on it becomes easier bc you know bad food won't give the results you want. January 1st I start a bulking phase so I'll try to update with any new numbers. My wife is super excited to go all hulk mode next year lol

Screwed up both shoulders, taking 3 months off. On the freaking treadmill. Three weeks left. Then I can go back to moving weights around. I despise cardio.

LightBnDr said:

money_pit_yj said:
Screwed up both shoulders, taking 3 months off. On the freaking treadmill. Three weeks left. Then I can go back to moving weights around. I despise cardio.

Pulled 455 and went to higher reps and pulled 315 10 or 11 I( wasn't counting) then decided I needed to stop completely and let my shoulders heal. Been popping glucosamine and shark cartilage like m&ms. I finally hit the point where my poor diet was killing me. I really think the lack of good nutrients was killing myhealing post work out. Corn dogs aren't exactly growth fuel. I did up my max on cholesterol! Running and stretching. Will start back lifting in three weeks and go slow then about January start pushing for gains. Old habits die hard and I love eating so it's my struggle.

NTIDWELL said:
Can't believe I didn't see this before now
5'9" 230-240
Bench. 365x1. Wanting 405 can on smith just not free weights yet
Military press 275x6. Like to keep my shoulders so don't go heavy behind the neck 225 don't want an injury
Flat bench dumbbell 130x10. That's the biggest set at my gym
Incline dumbbell 100x10
Squat. 405x10 I like my knees
Leg press 1350x6. That's all my gyms machine will hold
Deadlift 315x10 strapped I like my back so I will go heavy on cables or t-bar rows

The good news for you is that of your buggy breaks, you can carry it back to the truck :dblthumb:

NTIDWELL said:

I tried the 5/3/1 but got bored. It was good for straight up strength, not so great for bodybuilding. It worked well for me cause I dont really get "cut" and not overly concerned about the way i look, it was just boring and complicated. When I'm consistent, we do a 4 day split (Mon-Thursday) and do heavy lifts on Friday (bench, deadlift, shoulder press or hit shoulders and chest).

Man bummer to hear about injury. Your are doing exactly the right thing to let yourself heal and eat better. Good for you.
Hope you recover quickly and dang you big bastards are what always drives me. Lol

Awesome to see couples working out at the gym. My buddies girl friend is a freakin monster. Not usually the kind i like to see at the gym. She's full on Europa games deep voice tear your wiener off huge. Cool chick but committed and scary. Lol

Keep your little lady at 109 :)

God dam this took to long but finally hit 405 today on bench and 675 squat @245lbs put on a little might be time to up the cardio How the rest of you ****ers doing

NTIDWELL said:
God dam this took to long but finally hit 405 today on bench and 675 squat @245lbs put on a little might be time to up the cardio How the rest of you ****ers doing

been practicing my 12oz curls for Mash ur motor Bash!

bad80cj said:
been practicing my 12oz curls for Mash ur motor Bash!
Priorities are in the right place If wont take much to smoke Jon any ways hell I don't think he can drink a beer without his ole lady's permission