• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Light bar low beam?

Sweet, since i moved to utah i can make my buggy streetable. They call it an oversized atv and have restrictions but none the less you can make it somewhat streetable. One of the requirements are high/ low beam headlights. I am going to try and hook this to my low beam switch on the steering column amd see if it will pass inspection

Rjhoward32006 said:
Sweet, since i moved to utah i can make my buggy streetable. They call it an oversized atv and have restrictions but none the less you can make it somewhat streetable. One of the requirements are high/ low beam headlights. I am going to try and hook this to my low beam switch on the steering column amd see if it will pass inspection

Very cool. I haven't tried to dim a light bar, but that video was the first thing that popped into to my mind when you asked the question. Hoepfully it works.

Re: Re: Light bar low beam?

Rjhoward32006 said:
I saw the move.....now can you explain it?

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Yeah i dont care if its a true low beam just enough to pass inspection as one. I highly doubt i will ever be on the road at night. Its more for wheeling places like moab and driving down the road a couple miles to the next trail.

Rjhoward32006 said:
Yeah i dont care if its a true low beam just enough to pass inspection as one. I highly doubt i will ever be on the road at night. Its more for wheeling places like moab and driving down the road a couple miles to the next trail.

How about using a different light aimed down for "low beam" and the bar for "high beam"?

I was told inspection was a breeze as long as you try. Its not like an inspection for a car you drive every day. Its called an overzised atv. Most rzr's and buggy's fall under this category. For the most part its simple basic things like seat belts, max width, high low beam, turn signals, brake lights. I have seen others without high low beams just a light bar. Just thought i would try and make one to please the inspector and in case i do get on a legal road at night i can turn it down low.

Add a smaller less blinding bar down in the "grill" area. As long as you can show a light output difference between the 2 I bet they would be fine with it.

Slap some old school tractor lights on it for the inspection Jesse, then pull them off afterwards and put small LED cubes in their place.

Duct tape a multi level flashlight to the middle of the hood on a clapper. Not only will you pass, but they'll be impressed with your ingenuity.