• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

lil yota is getting new legs

awesome flex! how hard was that front drive shaft to assemble, and are you getting it balanced? great build, that thing is tall, you'll need some 39.5's...

:corn:

rooinater said:
awesome flex! how hard was that front drive shaft to assemble, and are you getting it balanced? great build, that thing is tall, you'll need some 39.5's...

:corn:

Thanks, The drive shaft was super easy to do and there is no need to balance it it rides perfect no vibration got lucky I guess

I'm thinking of going 38's now

NICE! That thing is SWEET! Much changed from the first pictures posted!

It is tall though, I was thinking I wanted to get the 5" kit, but after seeing that be that tall with 36s, I think the 4" kit might be better since I don't plan on ever putting anything bigger than 35s on the Runner. Sure as hell flexes nice! How does it ride (spring wise)? Pretty rough or soft?

~T.J.

It rides very nice its softer than the ifs
the springs should settle an inch or so the truck also has a two body lift on it and those tires are are bald

84Toyota4x4 said:
NICE! That thing is SWEET! Much changed from the first pictures posted!

~T.J.

Thanks. Its going to change even more when it get the 4runner boody on it. that will start in a month or so. I wanna wheel this thing a little bit before it goes under the knife again.

awesome rig. i just bought 4 inch all pro springs for my 82 pickup.. hope i dont get that tall...

how much longer did you have to lengthen your rear driveline.. and also what all was entailed in the slip yoke kit in the front?
________
uhwh

Last edited:
charliesnyder said:
awesome rig. i just bought 4 inch all pro springs for my 82 pickup.. hope i dont get that tall...

how much longer did you have to lengthen your rear driveline.. and also what all was entailed in the slip yoke kit in the front?

Still need to do he rear its riding on the the last 2" off the spline but it never fell out on the trail

the front was easy a matter of cuting the 85 shaft straight. Then slide the new spline part in actually you have to tap it in with a slegde its a tight fit, install it in the truck. I took some drop lines off of the cab down to the shaft and spun the shaft around to make sure it is spinning true. Tack welded it in three spots pulled the shaft out and ran a sweet bead around it, well actually Bobby ran the bead around it, That guy can weld, Thanks again Bobby.
Put the shaft in ran it down the road at about 50 or so and wala no vibrations:clappy: