• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Link ends

crash2

-Oh no I picked a side-
So planning my "redo" of the toy and one thing that is on the list--new links and rod ends.

So looking forward to getting rid of these POS 5/8 rod ends and chromo links--they are so worn out and bent.

So thinking about something in the flavor of 1" rod ends. So whats out there now? I know ruffstuff seems to be a good place for good deals.

Johnny joints

I have thought about that too. Problem with the inverted 4 link is real estate on the lowers. I was thinking of hiems on the lower and johny's on the upper since most the torque load is on the uppers (were the 5/8 wore out FAST) and having something like a johnny on top would keep that GOD DAMN FAWKING CLANKING noise down :redneck:

Dan at ruff stuff swears by his heims. They are a good product. I only have expierience with the summit machine and ballsack fab joints. If you go with the ballsack fab joints make sure you get the red upgraded races. I have had very good times with them.

Dan at ruff stuff swears by his heims. They are a good product. I only have expierience with the summit machine and ballsack fab joints. If you go with the ballsack fab joints make sure you get the red upgraded races. I have had very good times with them.

I have not heard a bad thing about ruffstuff's hiems...

My RuffStuff heims work great. :cool: Plus Dans a nice guy.

Much smaller than some of the super rebuildable monster joints or JJs. I lubed them once at the hammers. :D

7/8s ruffstuff for me on the new rig, last one I had 5/8s and in 10 years only had 2 fail. And I wheeled year round from elbe to natches. Don't skimp on the quality of heims. But in the end everything fails at some point.

So how are the 7/8 for not getting sloppy? Gotta remember I am at about 4k weight so thats a factor. I never had a 5/8 fail, bent a bunch but they are clatter like sloppy hoes :redneck:

So how are the 7/8 for not getting sloppy? Gotta remember I am at about 4k weight so thats a factor. I never had a 5/8 fail, bent a bunch but they are clatter like sloppy hoes :redneck:
I will let you know when it hits the dirt. Didn't think of the 4k part. Seems
like there is many new hybrid adjustable heims on the market these days that should fit your need. What about something like this, seems to combine the best of both worlds? I have no experience with these directly but there a few places that make this type of adjustable/rebuildable ones. Prob get a good deal as he is a vendor here.

http://www.barnes4wd.com/Enduro-Joints_p_283.html

I was thinking of trying those Barnes Enduro Joints on my new build I just started because they seem like a good quality product and I haven't personally ran them but a buddy has them on his YJ 4-link and it weighs about 4500 pounds and gets beat on pretty good and in the 6 months of use they don't show any signs of getting loose anytime soon.

My joints were from Ballistic Fabrication, and are now quite old. Still very tight. No complaints with the quality.

When I got ready to do TTCC, I wanted a few spares, but didn't trust Ballistic Fabrication at the time so I got Ruff Stuff's heims with the same size shank and thru bolt and used the high alignment spacers to compensate for the wider style JJ that Ballistic sold.

my johnny joints are great, noise free after ten years but they are expensive. i had to rebuild one cause i assembled it wrong the first time.but i just grease em a few times a year.:cool: