• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Link Size

1-1/2" .250 wall, bent the lowers, replaced with 1-3/4 .375, seems to be fine so far. I had also bent 6 of the gold heims on the lowers.

My lowers are 2 inch 1/2 wall 4130 hardened to 34 rockwell. They have a few gouges and scratches on em.

Im nervous about alum after watching that built to grind vid. If youve seen the clip you know what im talking about.

My lowers are 2 inch 1/2 wall 4130 hardened to 34 rockwell. They have a few gouges and scratches on em.

Im nervous about alum after watching that built to grind vid. If youve seen the clip you know what im talking about.

Bunk,

Did you harden them yourself, or did they come that way?
What clip? Any chance you can direct me to the video?

I'm getting ready to link up my TJ.

Thanks

1 1/2 .380 cro-mo lowers, and 1 1/2 .250 cro-mo uppers. Doesnt matter what you run if you wheel hard it will bend.:corn:

I haven't seen the vid but I'm guessing the aluminum broke? That's the risk of running aluminum. Steel tends to bend where aluminum will fatigue and break.

Bunk,

Did you harden them yourself, or did they come that way?
What clip? Any chance you can direct me to the video?

I'm getting ready to link up my TJ.

Thanks

I had them hardened thru work.
I doubt there is a link, But its the second clip in btg's first video. The rig was going up a waterfall but didnt hook up and slammed backwards to the ground. All the rearward energy was transmitted perfectly thru the link and it bowed it instantly, actually it was alot more than bowed. Is anyone running 7068 versus 7075 for their alum links?

Rockwell B or C?

And your not getting anywhere until you get into the 50-60 range:redneck:

2" x .250 DOM....

It doesn't take long for the fronts to get a little frowny face to them, but have never had one "fail"...

same in the rear, and they're good as new, but there's not near as much weight back there...

next set of front-lowers may be 2x2 square.....and/or shorter

--B

2x2x.25 square and I am not at all easy on them. I have beat them over everything imaginable and they are fine. Combine that with the Johhny Joints and you have a suspension you never have to worry about.

Latest posts