• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Little 2 Stroke VS 4 Stroke Rivalry

slednecks1124

So since I bought my house a few years back I have not been able to put much money into finishing my banshee, It's been needing a new clutch, lock up clutch, billet clutch basket, inner clutch hub and carb. tuning.

During the time that my bike was down my cousin had gotten a divorce and started dumping tons of money into his YFZ 450. My brother who has a similar build to mine had raced him when they went to the dunes and lost, he also needed the same stuff as I listed above. Since they had raced my cousin had done a few other motor mods so he started running his mouth about how he would smoke me, well this weekend I put an end to the **** talking:haha:

The day before this video was taken I had taken my bike to get dyno tuned @ Crazy Deals in Winchester bay to find out that my carbeurator slides were only opening about 70-75% due to my throttle cable/twist throttle assembly. We were not able to get my jetting dialed in because of the throttle problem and it was not allowing my bike to rev past 10K RPMS.

In the first race I took off in 1st gear as I didn't think my bike would pull 2nd gear on an uphill incline, still need to gear down more for the 25" tires. My cousin is the one with the camera and I'm on the right in the last two races. I remind you that I only have about 3/4 throttle in the video too:cool:

[YT]<iframe width="853" height="510" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/3fmVndHzX8A?hd=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>[/YT]

Last edited:
A built banshee will beat a built 4 stroker any day in a drag race. But I would rather have the 4 stroke, better all around.

A built banshee will beat a built 4 stroker any day in a drag race. But I would rather have the 4 stroke, better all around.

I am a bit of a power junkie which is why I chose to build my banshee, I built it to be very quick but yet still be duneable. Most four strokes are pretty limited as to power capabilities but with the banshee ur options are endless. I'm still running stock cylinders that are just bored and ported, some cheetah cubs would make it a world of a difference.

I do like four strokes but they cost a **** ton to build and I don't feel a fully built 4 stroke is as dependable as a built banshee. I will get a four stroke one day for the rallying around the dunes but the banshee will be the hill machine.

most 4 strokes are actually faster than banshees...i raced my buddy on his 500 2stroke 1986ish honda framed to my 08 honda 450 with way low gears 12 tooth front and he hardly pulled from me...................why is most racing all 4 stroke now?:corn:

Mostly emission were the death of 2 strokes but I'm a 2 stroke guy and it's funny to have every four stroke guy compare themselves to a two stroke wow you beat 35 year old technology but I do say its all where you race length of track your just comparing hp to torque and torque only can get ya so far

Well I agree with everyone a little bit lol Most of the fast banshee are not even a banshee anymore,they use new tech, billet cases, power valves etc. cc for cc with no power adder the 2 stroke will win almost every time. But when you add boost things change fast. Our turbo 3 cylinder Nytro whoops on the big billet triple two strokes pretty bad, even on NOS but motor for motor we would get smoked.

why is most racing all 4 stroke now?:corn:

because flatbillers cant fix ****. two strokes run thru parts.

4 strokes are like rentals. long life, less pay mechanic to race.

When you make the amount of power that two strokes make you are gonna run thru some parts.

most 4 strokes are actually faster than banshees...i raced my buddy on his 500 2stroke 1986ish honda framed to my 08 honda 450 with way low gears 12 tooth front and he hardly pulled from me...................why is most racing all 4 stroke now?:corn:

I don't agree with your statement, i do a lot of drag racing at the dunes and banshees are generally the bike coming out on top unless ur coming across a boosted 4 stroke or something with a street bike or snowmobile engine. There is a lot more to a bike than its 500cc's. Porting, carbs, jetting and many other factors make a bike fast.

Well I agree with everyone a little bit lol Most of the fast banshee are not even a banshee anymore,they use new tech, billet cases, power valves etc. cc for cc with no power adder the 2 stroke will win almost every time. But when you add boost things change fast. Our turbo 3 cylinder Nytro whoops on the big billet triple two strokes pretty bad, even on NOS but motor for motor we would get smoked.

Finally someone who knows what they are talking about lol. Like u said most banshees are not hardly banshees with all of the aftwrmaret parts, that is why I chose to run stock cases and stock cylinders. I don't expect to be the fastest bike out there I wanted something I could be confident with while drag racing at the dunes. It is unbelievable the power snowmobile engines produce, even more insane when adding boost like u are with ur nutritious build, that would be the route I would go if I was trying to have the fastest bike around.

Last edited: