• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Local allison experts??

Clark

i'm looking to upgrade to a stage 4 suncoast in the near future, i will need someone to pull the tranny, install the kit and converter, and re install. I am looking to do this only one time, and would prefer someone local versus having to travel and or ship. i'm in auburn, wa.
:awesomework:

i'm looking to upgrade to a stage 4 suncoast in the near future, i will need someone to pull the tranny, install the kit and converter, and re install. I am looking to do this only one time, and would prefer someone local versus having to travel and or ship. i'm in auburn, wa.
:awesomework:

Tom. (tomsbrokeagain) did his Suncoast.

first off, i've never worked on the inside of a transmission. that being said i'm very mechanicaly inclined and have done about everything else you can besides rebuilding AT tranny's. i've heard with a manual and a friend it could take up to 20 plus hours. to top it off my truck is too long to fit in my garage so i'd be pulling it in the driveway. the kit looks like about 3k and 1k for a shop to put it in. Anyone you can reccomend? are you the guru himself? i'm looking to drop off the truck, and pick it up ready to go. I have the tools and time, just not the experience, the right friends, or confidence, to pull this one off.

My truck was dynoed at 387/710 with a programmer, straight pipe, stock trans. i'm going EFI LIVE and adding a lift pump, either fass or airdog and expect quite a bit more power. hence the need for a suncoast.

thanks in advance for any help or advice you can provide.

Last edited:
also how much power are you putting down? do you get on it alot? how long have you had it? and how's it holding up?

I'd just PM tom. He has the shop space to get your whole truck in there. Once you get the parts, you could drop it off and pick it up ready to go.

Come drive mine :redneck:see what ya think if your interested?

The sig says what's in it

Never ran on a Dyno and I love the PPE hot +2 kicks ass! Trans has only been in for 2K, not alot of wheelin funds are low. For the record I will not claim to be the best guru at the Allison but my settup works well for me and can be duplicated.

Look to pay $3K if you drop your truck off at a shop FYI.:awesomework:

Last edited:
got efi live up and running, i'm only running a mild tow tune for now. But this tranny won't last long, i'm already ready to crank it up:stirpot:

Not super local.. but Rob at ATP trucks is doing mine. comes with a 1 year warranty for stage 4 2 year for stage 5. They are in Idaho. I am having other things done there but

they(stg 4) charge 1495.00 to install the kit with a 1 year warranty.
stg 5 The price for that is 5299.00 with the upgraded converter. Install price is 695.00."

Granted they will have my truck for a few days as I have a few things getting tossed on. :D