• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Local type comps

Yeah I am game except first week in Oct but they have Dixie Run there that weekend so I doubt it will be then. I am game and glad to be a part of it. Set a date!

i sorta came up with an idea while takin a **** today...

How bout each month, a certain park we all ride (being that there are several to choose from and close for most of us) host a ride where on saturday , there is a trailride and on sunday there is a fastest to the top type hillclimb....

Each park( those willing to commit) wouldnt have to compete near as much for crowds if they knew when thier particular month comes due..

Look at Crazyhorse earlier this year...
The park owners put up 500$ for the fastest hill climb, 250 for mud and 250 for holler race... And that was prolly a 600-700 crowd....

It would be kinda neat that we could plan our trailrides/comps once a month at a different park all year long....

Mabye it doesnt make any sense, but i kinda like the idea.

Yalls opinions??????

NO NO NO NO ............keep it SIMPLE............build a COURSE......or pick out a TRAIL.....and then seperate class by ENGINE size....

and pay out for FIRST, SECOND ,& THIRD place..........

and run for TIME only.........

I like the idea JR> it don't really matter to me about the entry and pay out rules. They may differ from park to park depending on the owners cooperation. The whole idea of the park series, and getting owners to committing some a schedule like that I like. They could still be open whenever but they are garanteed a big crowd on race week. :driving:

damn JR......... that actually sounds like a half decent suggestion :****:

Not only would the parks benifit from it, but it would change it up for the racers. :dblthumb:

HotRodpayton said:
I like the idea JR> it don't really matter to me about the entry and pay out rules. The whole idea of the park series, and getting owners to committing some a schedule like that I like. They could still be open whenever but they are garanteed a big crowd on race week. :driving:
Thats what im thinking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yea, To me, I could see where it would help parks have a good turn out... It could be our way of supporting them and still/racing and having fun...

I'm all up for it. I know that it wouldn't be that big a deal to get started. I'm sure we all could have a little pull with some of the owners. Where is Rock Yuppie on this thread? His opinion would be a good start.

i know i would love to help out whether it be sponsorship programs,prizes,worst carnage prize or however else. get it together.

WOOOHOOO, back in town. I have the key in the loader. Lets get this thing done. Just let me know what I need to do and we will make it happen.

I talked to Trey today. He said he would be up for it to. I'll call Tony C. this week and see what his thoughts are. I will do whatever I can to help. What do we need to do to get it rolling?

You need to pick a Board of Directors, made up of wheelers that are committed to working on this thing to make it happen. I would chose five people. All of us could nominate someone from a pole set up on here to establish the board of directors. Then have yearly elections for those spots.
Choose a race series name.

Need to get a set of inform guide lines to go by so that everyone is on the same page no matter which park they are at.

Pick six parks and let them hold a race twice per year so that you have one a month.

Spread the parks out so that everyone has a chance to go to the race close to their home. Helps to cover a wider area faster by word of mouth.

Design some type of standard obstacle course, i.e ( One banking left turn, one dirt ramp on 3:1 slope. three rock obstacles, three timber obstacles, etc) then let the parks put their own course together using those guidelines.

Start hitting folks up for advertising money to go into a pool that all parks in the race series benefits from by advertising the race more so than the park.

Once you have the guidelines together and have chosen the parks, lets call a meeting between the board, wheelers and park owners so that we can all meet and thrash through any issue at a round table or even a camp fire.

I think a once a month series is going to rule a lot of folks out because the price and commitment is going to climb to where it is not much more appealing than XRRA. I think you do 4-6 parks and just have one event per park. It will keep the cost down and interest up. This original run at Golden Mtn ORV was decided to be low cost and fun, a grass roots approach. I say do the same thing next year and get a 4-5 parks on board and make the events fun and cheap. It is more about getting the right wheelers there than anything I think.

Matt O. said:
I think a once a month series is going to rule a lot of folks out because the price and commitment is going to climb to where it is not much more appealing than XRRA. I think you do 4-6 parks and just have one event per park. It will keep the cost down and interest up. This original run at Golden Mtn ORV was decided to be low cost and fun, a grass roots approach. I say do the same thing next year and get a 4-5 parks on board and make the events fun and cheap. It is more about getting the right wheelers there than anything I think.
I agree. Nothing to fancy,but still competitive.

Matt O. said:

agree... have 6 parks... every other month race...

communication is the greatest priority though.
I hope that somone is able to run with this thread...