• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Longfield CV Rubicon axles

Hmmm. Good info. I need to crawl under the new rig and see what's what under there. It's an '08 Unlimited Rubi. No more lurkin' huh?

Bob K.

Well I took it out last Saturday and I really like the smooth turning. It was just up a Forrest service road so nothing that hard and the snow sucked and it was raining. I didn't want to shovel out the trailer I drove out there and with non balanced bias Iroks and bead locks the drive out there wasn't bad. Didn't get that many pictures since I was leading most of the way. Oh well I'll try to give them a better work out on Thursday.
IMG_0449-1.jpg

IMG_0460.jpg

IMG_0446-1.jpg

100_6649.jpg

DSC05140.jpg

DSC05127.jpg

Last edited:
*****UPDATE******

Well tore down my front end of the Jeep to do some much needed maintainance. While I was doing that I took apart the CV's to see how they were doing, since lately I've been running around in deep water and snow and mud. They look great, they were still fully greased with no traces of water in the boot's. I took my Jeep out a couple of weeks ago and gave them a proper beating and they took it in stride! I did however manage to break a rear axle but the Longfields pulled me out of the trail and back to the trailer with no problems, fully locked in front and it still turned nice and smooth.

Also I had talked to the people testing the mostly street set and they have put on about 6,000 trouble free miles on them

I also hear the JK's are out now

*****UPDATE******

Well tore down my front end of the Jeep to do some much needed maintainance. While I was doing that I took apart the CV's to see how they were doing, since lately I've been running around in deep water and snow and mud. They look great, they were still fully greased with no traces of water in the boot's. I took my Jeep out a couple of weeks ago and gave them a proper beating and they took it in stride! I did however manage to break a rear axle but the Longfields pulled me out of the trail and back to the trailer with no problems, fully locked in front and it still turned nice and smooth.

Also I had talked to the people testing the mostly street set and they have put on about 6,000 trouble free miles on them

I also hear the JK's are out now

Thanks for the up date Jon keep testing them. We will have to get together and do a snow run. We went to Evans Creek today and did the upper 311 all the way.