• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

look who I saw today

beyatch

yes, since Reiter is closed and the buggy's are getting little to no action.....I convinced Binder and Dirk to show some of their skillz out on the race course today. They had built a rock crawl for this event and both did really well. Here are a few pics. Binder even won a couple of awards for his time on the OB course and Barrels. Nicely done!

Last edited:
Is tomorrow a play day too? I was planning on going out there today but had to help with a garage sale. :rolleyes:

Actually, Jaydog built that rock hill obstacle several years ago. He and Kirk from the Webfooters built the rock crawl course along with many of the webfooters and faithwheelers.

Our club built the Obstacle course.

I'm glad to see it getting some use again. After Cranberry lake was closed to public events it's been sitting pretty quiet,

I had a great time racing yesterday as always!:awesomework: Cool to hear I won some awards and the little rock pile was fun intermission too.:cheer:

I had a great time racing yesterday as always!:awesomework: Cool to hear I won some awards and the little rock pile was fun intermission too.:cheer:

Glad you had a good time, I would have thought you would have had your cute lil trailer on your rig to handycap:;

Any thoughts or comments on the rock crawl area from either of you? Likes, dislikes.........I know that there is some interest in getting input for Cadillac Ranch rock crawl area.

Also, any pics of you making your jeep into a Lawn Dart on the OB course? I spoke with your passenger, he said it was a "fun experience".:D Glad no one was hurt other than your jeep.

Any thoughts or comments on the rock crawl area from either of you? Likes, dislikes.........

Well....It depends on what the target is for the rigs/ drivers who are to use the rocks. For advanced folks with comp experience it's WAY too easy. If your target is to get new folks out there then it's probably fine as is.
I would note though that the long flat rock course isn't consistant as the far end is much harder than the rest of the course.
It depends on what you want to do.:cool:

Well....It depends on what the target is for the rigs/ drivers who are to use the rocks. For advanced folks with comp experience it's WAY too easy. If your target is to get new folks out there then it's probably fine as is.
I would note though that the long flat rock course isn't consistant as the far end is much harder than the rest of the course.
It depends on what you want to do.:cool:

As that was being built it was designed to be a progressively difficult course. The race became more of who made it the farthest vs who made it the fastest. On the original races, only one or two racers even made it to the end. However, the competitors were not comp buggies.

Some of the more difficult spots on the start were made easier over the next couple of years so that everyone had an opportunity to at least make it part way. At lot of rigs were getting denied right at the very start, so a few boulders were moved. Originally, it was two separate sections with a couple of cars in the middle. That was fun to watch people drive over the cars. For most of us, that was the first time we'd ever had a chance to play monster truck.

Jaydog, Robin and I worked on designing and building that hill to challenge the buggies a little more. It was supposed to be a 2-3 year project of adding a little more each year, but were we unable to get back there to complete it.

Last edited:
Any thoughts or comments on the rock crawl area from either of you? Likes, dislikes.........I know that there is some interest in getting input for Cadillac Ranch rock crawl area.

I liked the difficult end of the rock crawl...the bigger rocks had me hung up pretty good. The hill kept kicking my butt and then Binder made it look easy :awesomework:

I am a big fan of trying to introduce shotcrete obstacles & will see what the folks at Cadillac Ranch think. I'm sure that Mark from the DNR is tired of hearing my pitch on that :haha:

Overall, I think it would be smart to have a mix of difficulty levels to give everyone something to play on.

I also think it would be fun to add some rock type obstacles to a traditional PNW4WDA cross country course & get a rock racing class started.

Also, any pics of you making your jeep into a Lawn Dart on the OB course? I spoke with your passenger, he said it was a "fun experience".:D Glad no one was hurt other than your jeep.

Danielle only snapped a couple pics of me doing hot laps on the course...none of them were from the lawn dart experience. I guess I won't be getting behind the wheel of their jeep now :D

I want in next time there's an "invite". :D

Dirk said:
I also think it would be fun to add some rock type obstacles to a traditional PNW4WDA cross country course & get a rock racing class started.

IN. :flipoff:

Wow, those pictures bring back some good memories :awesomework:

That whole area used to be trees, we cleared something like 20-30 acres for the course, barrel race, and the fast course.