• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Looks like a new place to ride hopefully

crawler nut

Im not an Face Book but my wife showed me, The owners of Durham town Plantation is looking at buying Snow Bird. For those that dont know where Snow Bird is, it is a very large piece of property that a portion accually joins the old Tellico park. They are looking for feedback.
They ask would you come ride?
What do you think about the purchace?
People are really giving great feedback as to the purchace.
Those of you that are on Face Book please get on there an give some great feedback. Tell them what they want to hear. This is a beautifull place, if we dont try our best we cant say well there just isnt any where to ride. GET ON FACE BOOK AN CHECK IT OUT

There opening a new park in the Livingston area of ky. Going to adjacent to the old Cromers ridge. 1000 plus acres should be same kind of riding the ridge had. It called wildcat off road. It's nice to hear of new places opening up. :dblthumb:

Surely the owners of Durhamtown are looking at it as a rock crawling area and not a bunch of atv/motorcycle trails? If they're not leaning towards the trail riding and rock crawling it would be better off for the people that go there now if they didn't buy it.

GONOVRIT said:
Surely the owners of Durhamtown are looking at it as a rock crawling area and not a bunch of atv/motorcycle trails? If they're not leaning towards the trail riding and rock crawling it would be better off for the people that go there now if they didn't buy it.
If they have as many rules as their current park I'll only be able to go once! :****:

al1tonyota said:
If they have as many rules as their current park I'll only be able to go once! :****:
X2 That place is dumb unless you wanna go ride around on fourwheelers on dirt roads in 2nd gear with your kids.

TBItoy said:
Maybe they are looking to expand to a different market than dirt bikers...

THIS :dblthumb: ,,,,,Mike has seen enough volume of Jeeps / Buggys at his ATV Park to get him curious about branching out on this venture.......

BUG-E J said:
X2 That place is dumb unless you wanna go ride around on fourwheelers on dirt roads in 2nd gear with your kids.

Might be dumb now, But wasnt most places dumb when they first started out. Tell them what they want to hear. Lets tell them what we want. Give them feedback. Lets some of the hill killers go an blast some of the moutains, give it time, it will be Tellicos twin. :popcorn:

I am excited, had a buddy that wheeled that area with a local guy last year and he said it had potential. Heard that Durhamtown had to buy an old fish hatchery to get access to the 5000 acres and they are grading it off for parking. I rode thru trail 1 a couple weeks ago to see whats going on in the area and the state is blasting out a big road on the Tennessee side next to the river. More silt and runoff than was ever there when it was open to ORV,s.

Durhamtown Plantation Off Road Park

Type that in and about six of em will pop up,,,,just go into the one with the most likes and scroll down the page till you see the Durhamtown - Tellico post.

I don,t know how to just link it directly here or I would :dunno:

June dog said:
There opening a new park in the Livingston area of ky. Going to adjacent to the old Cromers ridge. 1000 plus acres should be same kind of riding the ridge had. It called wildcat off road. It's nice to hear of new places opening up. :dblthumb:

Any more info on this?

zukiscott said:
THIS :dblthumb: ,,,,,Mike has seen enough volume of Jeeps / Buggys at his ATV Park to get him curious about branching out on this venture.......

There's a group of us that have been harassing Mike for the past few years to add more to Durhamtown and he's been trying, but when you don't have rocks it's tough to do. I know that he been out checking out other park, going to off road functions, talking with the off road racers and stuff like that. I would expect for some good stuff to come out of this.

I was just told Mike's not actually buying the property, he's entering into a partnership agreement.

What's up guys? Let me defuse some of the rumors. Durhamtown is not buying the park but entering into a partnership with them. To get to upper Tellico you have to have a tag and license rig. Anyone caught trying to cross Forrest land in a untag rig will run it for everyone, plus you will be fined.
If you have questions please ask me. You can email me at [email protected] till my password and email gets reset at Durhamtown server.
We are working on an invite only ride in late Oct. it will be a mix of buggies and trail daily driver jeeps. Durhamtown Facebook page will have updates as they get them.

Side note about the 4wheeler comment you can drive as fast as you want out on the trails not in the parking lot. :D

It will take sometime before this park will be ready for the public if the deal goes through.

As soon as we get the green light the invites will go out, if you would like to be placed on the list email me.

Thanks
Mike D

Is there not going to be a parking lot, or field, for those of us who trailer our rigs? Also, have they expanded? They had an open house 2 years ago when they were looking for new members for Snowbird and they only had 52 acres of riding area, with 3 obstacles.

The parking lot is part of the work that needs to be done. The 50 acre area is still there and there is a lot more then just the 3 areas the other areas just have to be cut and cleaned up. That whole ridge line is nothing but rocks. There are some trails that I saw last week when I was up there that would make the pucker factor go up.

Latest posts