• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Loosing Your Wallet

Mortalis5509

When was the most inconvenient time that you have lost your wallet?

I'm currently on vacation in FL and have lost mine from the day I showed up to the next day. Went to my Amex account to see where was the last place I paid for gas to call them, but I will say this about Amex, they offered to send me a replacement card next day in FL even though I live in GA.

I lost mine 4,5 years ago in Florida on vacation at our hotel (didn't know I lost it til the next day) it fell out of my shorts with over 2k in cash in it, maintenance man seen it, gave it to my father in law, true story. I looked for him the rest of the week to give him some cash but couldn't find him.

The only time I had ever lost mine was when I was "wheelin". I use the quotes because we were more just driving through the woods about an hour from home in my buddies Quigley van, shootin bunnies at like 1 in the morning. Coolest part though was a couple of turkey hunters found it a few days later. I didn't have anything with my phone number in it so the guy called a lawn mower repair shop who's business card was in there. He told mowerman my last name and left a contact number. Mowerman looked up my last name in the yellow pages and found my parents #. Then I got a call from my sister saying "lawn mower man found your wallet in the woods near his house". :wtflol: In the end though I got it back and the dude wouldn't even let me give him a few bucks. I made sure to pay that one forward.

Last one I lost wast about two years ago at Kentucky lake on some random trails with a dirty butt lol... After I figured out it was gone I took one of my socks an hung it in a tree where we done the deed so I could come back in the day light an look I never found it an it had 7 doll hairs in it. I'm still pissed haha

Wife had hers stolen from a shopping cart between the checkout and the car two weeks ago. Only two days before flying to New Mexico. Huge pain in the ass to get drivers license, Blue Cross, and credit cards back in time for the trip. They never used any cards, but they were reported stolen within 30 minutes. Unfortunately, she had $600 cash in it for the trip. Still waiting on getting the new pistol license back.

If there is one thing to make this easier if it happens to you. Write down everything in the wallet, Write down account numbers AND the customer service phone numbers to report lost cards.

I've only lost my wallet once, it was in a camera bag clipped to my buggy at KOH 2010. We had been prerunning down Spooners on that Thursday afternoon, then back to Hammertown.
Lost one nice Canon, one point and shoot, and a flip camcorder. Expensive loss. We drove back and forth multiple times, and found nothing
I still to this day dont know how it got unclipped (locking carbiner), or if it "walked off" from the buggy in the first few minutes we pulled back into Hammertown. Sadly I believe it was the latter.

Cancelling cards from the cell phone bush was suboptimal, and I had an axle I had sold to someone so I had some cash to get home. Blacksheep10 gave me another $500 or so as emergency cushion.
Then of all things, got pulled over in West Texas at 3-4am on the way home and had to explain to the cop who I was, where I was coming from, and going, and why I didnt have any ID.

Had mine stolen out of my work van a few years ago. My fault for leaving it in the van while I went inside a customers facility. The worst part about the entire thing is when I filed a report with the customers security department, I was told by the reporting officer that he needed to see my drivers license for the report!? I said to him "If I had my f#cking drivers license, I'd still have my wallet you dumb sh&t!" Needless to say, I never leave it unattended any more.

Never lost mine but my wife lost her purse once when we went riding in Gardendale about 10 years ago. Not sure what happened to it as we didn't miss it till we were almost home 2hrs away. We had stopped at one of the small gas stations in Mt. Olive and my brother who had parked next to my Runner (with half doors) said a guy(who had been sitting in front of the store when we pulled up) was standing between our vehicles looking at them and walked away as he came out the door. We didn't think anything about it till we missed the purse. I don't know if he took it our it just fell out somewhere on the trail(which seems unlikely). The next day we had to change all our accounts and cancel all our cards, just in case.

St Paddys Day in Savannah about 3 years ago I went and got drunk as a nine-eyed :JRich: on river street with a good buddy of mine. I woke up the next morning face down on top of the covers in the hotel room fully clothed, boots and all, and when I went to check and see if I had left my card anywhere my whole wallet was gone...FML. I began to freak the **** out BC it had everything in it - DL, SS card, cash, credit/debit cards etc. About the time that I accepted the fact that it was gone I see that I had a missed call and voicemail from a random # late that night. Turns out the VM was from a cop who found my wallet in an alley. He had found it that night on the ground with everything slung out of it and used my business card and the valet tag from the hotel to track me down. He left it at the front desk of the hotel and I got it back that morning - about $750.00 in cash was gone but surprisingly all my cards were still there. Luckily whoever snatched it just grabbed the cash out and threw it down.

I called that guy 4-5 times the next day to thank him, but he never answered. Goes to show ya there's still good people out there!

I was at a tractor pull one nite sitting on the top row of bleachers, I look down a few rows and see this guy holding a picture of my wife, I am instantly pissed, and holler "hey buddy what are you doing with a pic of my wife??" He turns around and says I just found this wallet on the ground under the bleachers. I said dang thats my wallet, he says "I will need to see your ID" LOL He gave it back to me and I bought him a beer. Man I felt like a dumbass, I still laugh about how pissed i was at that moment.

I lost a camoflauge wallet in a corn field one time in high school where we were camping out, riding atv's, and of course dranking cold beer.....also lost my old Nokia 5165 huge ass green screen cell phone with rebel flag cover on it too, apparently at the same time, because once we spotted the phone the next morning, the wallet wasn't that far from it. Don't think I've lost one since then, thank god. Have lost and dropped phones in mudholes since then though. I HATE losing ****.

infamous1 said:
I was at a tractor pull one nite sitting on the top row of bleachers, I look down a few rows and see this guy holding a picture of my wife, I am instantly pissed, and holler "hey buddy what are you doing with a pic of my wife??" He turns around and says I just found this wallet on the ground under the bleachers. I said dang thats my wallet, he says "I will need to see your ID" LOL He gave it back to me and I bought him a beer. Man I felt like a dumbass, I still laugh about how pissed i was at that moment.

:rolf: :rolf: :rolf: :rolf: :rolf: :rolf: molaugh molaugh