• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Losi crawler

So, I guess I'm the only one fighting the urge to buy one? I'm not a comp guy, and most of the rock courses I built around here are better suited to a tiny rig anyway.

I'd be all over it, but not as a primary rig. I think many of these folks aren't seeing where 1:18 scale fits into the bigger picture.

I likely will get one after some time... :cool:

SIRSeattle indoor raceway) has them for 209 pre order with a 50.00 deposit.

Cant wait to get mine:D , it will be a great little camping toy and go in the collection just fine.

according to the rc guys that are really, really, really into it, say that the TLT axle is the strongest/most supported axle out there

At one time yes, but the AX10 is a better axle stock, and the aftermarket support is rapidly catching up. Right now there is no real advantage to TLT over Axial axles unless you crave the really narrow width.

The Axial RTR seems just Ok to me. You'll either be completely satisfied and having fun, or kicking yourself for not just ponying up for the comp class rig. Seems like there's a lot of plastic vs. the comp.

Im not a comp guy either thats why I think it will work good for me and my kids.........My nitro truck is to fast for them to handle.

The advantage of the Axial RTR is that every single part made by axial and teh aftermarket for the AX10 will work on the RTR truck. Meaning that you can start small with the RTR, and slowly upgrade the truck to one of your liking, be it comp crawler, scale truck, or just a basher.

The Losi crawler toy is pretty much exactly what Dude described, IMO. I know a TON of guys who've bought 1:18 scale RC's of various types, played with them a while, got bored with the 1:18 fad, then tossed them on the shelf, and go back to the 1:10 or 1:8 stuff.

This truck shouldn't even be compared to the AX-10. It's a completely diffrent idea.

I got the pleasure to drive one in San Diego at the Proline Nat's. It was a blast. With the same type of mod's needed to make an AX-10 really perform you'll be able to make this do the same

What makes it cool is the fact that it's a 1.9 wheel. It create's the possibility of small indoor course's at hobby shop's and mall's...or who know's were.

This is what might just truly kill the Super. There is the possibility for 2.2 and a 1.9 class...say a 9.5 max wheelbase, 9 inch max width, 13 or 14 gate width's...etc. etc. Could be alot of fun.

Could be alot of fun, wait till there out. There a ton of fun and allow the setup of small course's...I personally think we will see them take off and the possibility of a new class.

This truck shouldn't even be compared to the AX-10. It's a completely diffrent idea.

I got the pleasure to drive one in San Diego at the Proline Nat's. It was a blast. With the same type of mod's needed to make an AX-10 really perform you'll be able to make this do the same

what are you talking about? the ax-10 doesn't need that much mods to preform it does pretty good outta the box and with a little work it does great. and your right the ax-10 should not be compared to this truck.

what are you talking about? the ax-10 doesn't need that much mods to preform it does pretty good outta the box and with a little work it does great. and your right the ax-10 should not be compared to this truck.

Maybe we have a diffrent opinion of what performance is.

This truck will be about the same as far as what is needed.....Some limiting of shock's/oil change, bent rear link's, some alum mod's...etc. etc.

As for the AX-10 Your right...if your talking back yard bashing. As for competition it Ok out of the box, good with the classis mod's, and just about all that's left is the tranny and axle's housing's if you want it to really be competitive at comp level. So it's all relative to what your goal for the vehicle would be.

Jason.

the tranny works just fine for me as well as the axles i don't know if you have had troubles with yours but mine have work just fine :awesomework:

I would really like to see a spec class for losi 1/18th crawler.Have to run it stock wheelbase,stock width,no lipo's stock type motor.The only thing you would be allowed to do is weight the wheels and tweak on articulation.Just keep it a drivers class,keep the high dollar stuff in the 2.2 and super class.

I would really like to see a spec class for losi 1/18th crawler.Have to run it stock wheelbase,stock width,no lipo's stock type motor.The only thing you would be allowed to do is weight the wheels and tweak on articulation.Just keep it a drivers class,keep the high dollar stuff in the 2.2 and super class.

what makes ya think a high dollar rig can do better? mo money dont buy skills yo! ever talk to guys at the hobby shop, or watch them at the pile? the biggest nerds that cant drive have the most in them!:haha:

what makes ya think a high dollar rig can do better? mo money dont buy skills yo! ever talk to guys at the hobby shop, or watch them at the pile? the biggest nerds that cant drive have the most in them!:haha:

alright!!!:stirpot: :stirpot: :stirpot: then come out to a comp and school us!!!:corn: :corn: :corn: next comp is at Lake Silva in Monotsano:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ...or is that still to far away for you to drive...:stirpot: :stirpot: :stirpot: and see if you can hang with the big money rigs...I don;t have the top of the line **** but its up there...

alright!!!:stirpot: :stirpot: :stirpot: then come out to a comp and school us!!!:corn: :corn: :corn: next comp is at Lake Silva in Monotsano:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ...or is that still to far away for you to drive...:stirpot: :stirpot: :stirpot: and see if you can hang with the big money rigs...I don;t have the top of the line **** but its up there...

:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

Here is my 2 cents. The Losi is a cool idea for indoor use with light abuse. Pros would be the small size, rock claws are cool. The tires, wheels and axles will work good for scale rigs if you don't beat it but thats about it. The cons are The suspension sucks like the stock AX. The servo saver is to week and when you take it off the servo gears strip. The servo is its own size. The tires are glued and the bead locks are fake. The COG is to high. The 380 motor has no torque All in all it is just to week for my abuse.

agreed on just a toy my cousin bought 2 of them, fun on pillows and for the kids.. but i imagine the aftermarket will eat it up and will be tons of mods to make it a better /18....... thats it

Been running mine for a couple week's and loving it. Not a broken part yet with 10 batt's through it.

The only mod I did was limit the flex and lowering ride height.....with a couple zip ties..lol

Had it at the whinchester bay and after running quad's on the dunes all day we had a blast crawling our quad boot's in the evening's.

Attachments

• P1010025 (Small).JPG
    P1010025 (Small).JPG
    60.6 KB · Views: 158
  • P1010054 (Small).JPG
    P1010054 (Small).JPG
    40.4 KB · Views: 160
Looks Like you stayed at the cabins at discovery....did you have the cabin with the floor that flexs more than the crawler ??

Glad your liking the MRC, I love mine. Going to do a tube build for it just to be different.

I got two packs in beating on mine today (still using the stock charger since I sold my peak charger the first time I got out of RC), the only thing that I broke was the windshield wiper on my truck while I was screwing around climbing the windshield. They may be little, but they're plenty heavy enough to break the plastic quick release deal on a Bosch wiper blade when you flop. Ordered some springs and I'm going to get the droop setup going when those get here. Lost one of my lower spring retainers today anyway.

When I started crawlin there was none of this after market support.The guys who had these toys were fabricators.It was all about building skills and driveing skills.Dont get me wrong its still strongly that way.But it is starting to lean toward the big money game.Brushless stuff,hot rod brushed motors, hot rod dig set ups,mega torque steering servoes,berg axles now,lipo batt.Its all good ,all rc raceing,competition stuff ends up like that.Bottom line if you cant drive you wont do well I know that very well.Im the only guy in our club that still runs tlt axles and a tube chassis and I still finish well cause I can drive.

So I just think it would be cool to have a class for these mini's that are inexpensive to buy.Where youre not allowed to deck them all out hense "keep on the cheap" there is a need if not right now in the near future for a class like that.A class for a guy who enjoys the competion but doesnt want to break the bank. take it for what it is...my opinion.

earlier i said they were a toy .....im kinda fond of them after running my cousins @ a good rock spot. He bought 2 of them they are bone stock. The 1/10's broke so we busted out the MRC's and went threw a charge playing follow the leader, it was almost as fun as the 1/10's. NO excuses just all driver....next time i will start out with the mrc's then the 1/10's i think ill drive better