• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

LOST GUN

rpf500

GUYS, I FOUND A HANDGUN AT *** THIS WEEKEND OFF TRAIL 91. I TURNED IT IN TO THE OFFICE. ITS WET AND MUDDY, BUT LOOKED GOOD STILL. THEY TOLD ME NO ONE REPORTED IT LOST, BUT HE WOULD ASK OTHERS ABOUT IT. HOPE IT GETS BACK TO THE OWNER.

Altered thread title as no longer about a lost gun at the park.

Admin.

Re: LOST GUN AT AOP

This is why I like fellow Offroaders. Props to you man. :woot: :woot:

bigsilly said:
So why is someone wheeling with a gun? That is kind of unsettling to me . :dunno:

Too many crazies in the world. Wheeling events, although filled with mostly good people, aren't exactly Sunday morning church meetings...especially the big ones. CCW permit FTW!

I thought the same thing big silly but different times. Now everyone is scared of something might happen but rest assured bring a gun and something will happen :dblthumb:

bigsilly said:
So why is someone wheeling with a gun? That is kind of unsettling to me . :dunno:

It's unsettling to me that it is unsettling to you that someone would have a gun.

It is unsettling that someone would LOSE a gun.

But, we had the same thing happen once.

My buddy's pistol jumped the holster and fell out of the buggy and into a mudhole and got spun out on...

He got a better holster that locks the gun in place.

Wheelin in a park such as AOP, I wouldn't see a gun was necessary, but some of the places we trail ride and camp it's VERY common to run across bears, wild hogs, meth heads, pot farmers, and crazy ass people running/hiding from the law.

TBItoy said:
Wheelin in a park such as AOP, I wouldn't see a gun was necessary, but some of the places we trail ride and camp it's VERY common to run across bears, wild hogs, meth heads, pot farmers, and crazy ass people running/hiding from the law.

we ran into some po/meth heads at little buffalo once. i was 19 and the guy i was riding with had a gun but it was in his bag in the back. i don't know how we got out of there with out being shot. definitely one of the scariest times of my life. i have a ccp and carry any time I'm off road. aop i feel a little bit better about not but still have mine at least in the jeep if not on my side when i ride. way to many stupid people out there. good to know that there are people out there though that will turn one in if something does happen. always spend a little extra on a good holster.

TBItoy said:
It's unsettling to me that it is unsettling to you that someone would have a gun.

It is unsettling that someone would LOSE a gun.

But, we had the same thing happen once.

My buddy's pistol jumped the holster and fell out of the buggy and into a mudhole and got spun out on...

He got a better holster that locks the gun in place.

Let me clarify. I own many guns, have my concealed permit, and carry a gun daily. I agree there may be areas such as the Gardendale trails and some other unorganized riding areas that it may not be bad. But at an event at a park in a controlled environment I never felt that I needed to have my gun. Just my opinion.

you will come across some crazy ppl on the mtns around me the locals ride. ive kicked around the idea of carrying a pistol in my jeep while riding the local mtns. but hopefully the gun returns to the owner. glad there is still honest ppl out there

bigsilly said:
Let me clarify. I own many guns, have my concealed permit, and carry a gun daily. I agree there may be areas such as the Gardendale trails and some other unorganized riding areas that it may not be bad. But at an event at a park in a controlled environment I never felt that I needed to have my gun. Just my opinion.

I think it's a self security thing. Once you get used to always having a gun with you pretty much at all times, it's hard to just "not bring it somewhere"

Re:

I have carried at AOP during an event, not this one. But this time of year rattle snakes are getting bad. Only reason I didn't have one this time was I figured the snakes would not be a problem with the weather.

Sent from my C811 4G using Tapatalk

It's a habit for me. Ccp. If I have pants on mt pistol is in them. Or shorts. I used to think if u carried a gun u must be a crook. Sadly the world has changed. Now I carry everyday no matter what I'm doing.

I AGREE GUYS. MINE WAS IN MY TRUCK B/C AOP SEEMS LIKE A GREAT PLACE. ID LIKE TO THINK THAT ITS NOT NEEDED WHEN WHEELING BUT AS MENTIONED, METH HEADS, CRAZIES,ETC MAKE IT NECESSARY. MY WIFE MADE A GOOD POINT WHEN WE FOUND IT....."IF YOU LOST YOURS JEEPIN, YOU'D HOPE SOMEONE TURNED IT IN". SO THAT'S WHAT WAS DECIDED. I HOPE ITS CLAIMED BY THE OWNER.

I agree that theres a lot of crazies out there, but worries me to be riddling/drinking and have a firearm with me.Not worried about my judgment but the Po Po ever get envolved and a guy may be up **** creek?

So does anybody give or take ass whoopins anymore? I've never seen a meth head with a gun unless he was on his way to trade it for more meth. If I have a gun on me it's cause I'm on a rode trip going thru ****** ville. I'm not really worried about havin to shoot someone while out 4 wheelin. Maybe I don't worry enough :dunno:

The part of Harlan we stayed in a couple weeks ago made me wish I had brought one. It was about halfway between the Dairy Hut and ****** camp. :afro:

I bet more people ride with guns that ya'll realize. I know lots of people who ALWAYS have a gun on them, I don't care if they're just walking to the mailbox. But you would never know it.

patooyee said:
I bet more people ride with guns that ya'll realize. I know lots of people who ALWAYS have a gun on them, I don't care if they're just walking to the mailbox. But you would never know it.

Exactly. And that's how it should be. No reason it should be flaunted, even though OPEN CARRY is completely legal in AL... Concealed carry is a much wiser decision.