• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Low Budget rear engine, 37"s

With a little luck from HP tuners the engine is up and running. Took it out for a shake down run and didn't have any major issues. The biggest one is the rear upper springs are a little too soft and an off idle delay in the engine, may be converter related.

Almost 2 yrs of trouble free riding AND Boom. Speed and 12" pine trees don't mix. Caught a tree with the right rear tire. Hit hard enough to crack a LS fuel rail and bend the rear axle housing. Lucky a fire didn't happen due to the engine going dead. Pics to come.

The original rear housing was a oem center with 14 bolt tubes,spindles and hubs.
After the tree the housing bent back about 1" with the bent right next to the thirdmember. I had some materials and time so. I decided to build my own fabricated 9" housing from scratch.
Now that it complete I highly advise just buying a housing or a weld up kit at least, unless you are hard headed and want a challenge.
3/8" faceplate, 3 1/2" tubes. I reused the third,spindles and hubs.
36c2742850191f1fcd39e39c1298bd30.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Uses the new style dana 60 2pc shaft seal. They kick ass.
85eaa9dacab1220db0e90ec311797a11.jpg
91ef46503c7ee380a86e1f501a2767f2.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

poolman said:
Wow. How many hours do you have in that?
No clue I just put in a couple hours in the evening after work. Started in June. I would guess around 60-80 hrs maybe who knows.Too many for sure.
I should have just bought a weld together kit and then built the trusses.

jeeptj99 said:
Just wondering why the second hump?

I need an upper link mount for the drivers side. Up the that point I was trying to keep it symmetrical. I drew out a couple ideas but they looked funny...ended up copying the upper half of the chunk. Back to symmetrical it was. It's different for sure.

Considering welding on some spinner bait blades to look like pasties where the nipples would be for a good laugh.