• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Lower Back Pain

Beerj

Sonzabitches!
I'm sure I'm not the only one on here that deals with it. Luckily, mine only gives me trouble once or twice a year. But when it hits, it hits BAD. Unfortunately, yesterday was one of those times. Was just knelt down picking up something about 50 lbs and BAM! Now it feels like I have to balance my spine above the area. Getting up from a sitting or laying position is quite the struggle and if I have something to grab and pull myself up with it feels like I'm going to rip my spine in half. Needs a perfect balance of pull and pressure up from my legs. Anyone else deal with this? If so how? I can't stand being still but hate the pain evenly. So far I've been using a little ice and Aleve but the ice feels like it's not working deep enough, just freezing my skin which is almost as uncomfortable.

Is it pulled muscle pain or did you possibly pop something out?

My wife has lots of back pain and her hip pops out often. Trip to the chiropractor and he can pop it back in and she is good to go. She knows when it happens and is miserable till its fixed.

Nothing really pops. I guess in my head I imagine it like a nerve stretching. I don't know if that's possible but it's a much sharper pain than what I felt with muscles and feels like it's deeper.

The real shame is doctors around here seem hesitant to do much of anything because of all the pill heads using back and neck pain as an excuse.

Re:

Does it hurt along the belt line, maybe 3-4 inches from the spine.

There is a joint there and will cause the muscles to tighten up. It will cause the hip to rotate.

Happens a lot to me.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Re:

I'd seek out a reputable chiropractor. I went through something similar to this a long time ago and after about 36 visits to a chiropractor he got me back to about 85 to 90%

Simple things like moving my wallet from my back pocket to my front pocket and using a shim in one of my shoes made incredible differences.

Re:

I bet it's that joint. I would just plan on chiropractor visit.

Re:

tonybolton said:
I'd seek out a reputable chiropractor. I went through something similar to this a long time ago and after about 36 visits to a chiropractor he got me back to about 85 to 90%

Simple things like moving my wallet from my back pocket to my front pocket and using a shim in one of my shoes made incredible differences.

Maybe if your wallet wasn't quite as fat you wouldn't have had any problems :****:

Funny you mention the wallet though, if I carry mine in the back pocket and sit for any amount of time ill have lower back pain.
The only time I back pocket carry is if I have a gun in my front right pocket and don't have cargo pockets for my phone or wallet, which is rare

I've thought about chiropractors before but keep telling muself I'm too young for that. But hey, if it works it works. I'll have to see what's around.

Re:

The one I go to hired a smoking hot lady for a extra chiropractor. It's fun getting a adjusted by her.

Re: Re:

ROKTOY829 said:
The one I go to hired a smoking hot lady for a extra chiropractor. It's fun getting a adjusted by her.

I got lucky on that too....smoking hot "gym-bodied" blonde always set me up on the massage table and draped her tits in my face when checking up on me.

Sadly....the motorized massage table gave me the same boner she did. Chose not to wear gym shorts after that visit.

I'm not sure you have the same problems as me. I have a compressed disk in my lower back. Like you, it's generally fine. But once or twice a year for no apparent reason it just flares up and I can barely stand up for a week straight. I also have pain in my elbows and some sort of congenital lack of cartilage in my right knee that all men in my family have always suffered from and will eventually need to be replaced. But for the most part none of these issues ever bother me because of this **** right here:

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B002RL8FD4/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

IT IS THE ABSOLUTE ****ING NECTAR OF THE GODS!!!!!!!!!. It has a cumulative effect. By that I mean that it takes about a week of religious dosing to start feeling it and if I forget it when I go on vacation or something my pain comes back until I can get back on it for a week. But as long as I stay on it my knees, back, nor elbows bother me almost at all. I tore my back porch out yesterday in 95* heat. Before I discovered this stuff, today I would normally just be in excruciating pain. Instead I'm completely fine.

Good deal man. Though I've been lucky enough to never have to be on any sort of medication or supplement regiment, that might me worth considering. Thanks

I have a bulging disc in in lower back. Im generally ok but it flares up like yours, 1 maybe twice a year. I learned a recliner can aggravate the problem worse and as stated before a wallet in the back pocket doesnt help either. Found I can lay in floor on my back for a while to let things start relaxing and my 11yr old son can gently raise 1 foot then gently start leaning back to apply pressure. He has saved me several trips to the chiropractor. My pain is generally around hips up to slightly above the belt line. I have noticed if I wear my worn out work shoes to mow or do yard work I have more trouble than using my good shoes, so I have thrown/given away shoes that hurt my back.

I have a similar problem. I have a bad disc between L4-L5. You need to have an MRI done to figure out the problem. Mine just went out two weeks ago. Ibuprofen is your friend. Usually the pain is from inflammation and taking Advil religiously makes a difference. I got an epidural and steroid injection last week and the relief is incredible. I'm a fan of chiropractors but you need to know what's going on first, don't just chase it with meds. Driving in my truck is one of the most painful things I can do. I eventually will have to have a disc replacement surgery.

Good luck. Back pain sucks

Seems you can't swing a dead cat around here without hitting someone with a bad back. Ive ran a dozer most of my young life and have destroyed most of me lower back. The best thing I've found to relieve the pain is a recliner, oxicoidine and whiskey shots!! As expected, you still have the problem, but don't give a ****.

I've got a bad disc in L4-L5 as well.
I went to a few chiros and finally found one that is really helping recently, he's "aggressive" in his adjustments...but it works for me. In my case its my mid back that gets all tight and stiff then makes my lower back work more around the L4-L5 area where I have the bad disc. Then its gets too "loose" down there and eventually what happened to you Beerj, happens to me. I have found that keeping my mid back aligned and keeping my hamstrings and calves stretched out and my core decently in shape and I am good...easier to type than actually do...

Anyway, I would ask some folks for some local referrals to see if you can find a chiro to help you out, don't give up if the 1st one doesn't work, and beware of the guys who want to sell you on lifetime adjustments and weekly visits for life... those are the "gypsies" (as LightBnDr likes to call them). Make sure you you ask what the plan is on getting you there only when you need it. They may not be able to give you specific time-frames until they see how you respond to adjustments, but I would stay away from the guys/gals that are super nebulous about it...oh and the ones who claim they can cure cancer and the common cold from adjusting you...I actually was asked to leave one guys office because he made a claim like that and I asked for the data...he didn't like that LOL.

Disclaimer: I'm not a Dr and I didn't stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night so this advice is worth what I charged you. $0.00

Thanks for the info guys. At this point I'm thinking there's something not right going on. I lift my fare share of heavy things regularly and it doesn't give me any issues normally. But when it does, it's something as simple as bending over to pick something up with no real weight to it. Also, it's at the exact same spot every time. After a week I'm usually back at 100% and have no restrictions on what I can lift/do. For now, I'm thinking bringing MRI results to a chiropractor may yeild the best results. It might show what the problem actually is and the best way to treat or prevent it.