• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Lower Back Pain

Man, I started at a chiro at 20. Working on concrete all day and night, my lower back would get just a bit out of adjustment, pinch something, then it would feel like my hip joint was out of place. Eventually it would radiate down my leg and my knee/shin/everything feels like it is in pain. It is just a nerve in my back that is pinched. I went through about 5 Chiro's before I found the guy 1 town over that gets it. $25 cash, I'm in and out of the room in 2 minutes, he doesn't tell me when I need to come back in, he doesn't try to push other **** on me, he just fixes me. It took him twice to figure me out.
Most of the rest of them will try to get you on Estim, then a table that relaxes you, then bla bla bla, tell you that another treatment in 2 days is needed, try to sell you ****, try to put you on plans, whatever. Walk out. They are trying to make you reliant on them, meaning you actually feel worse when you haven't been adjusted. I just need fixed. He knows how to fix me.
I'm almost 37, and there has been one time where I was bound up badly, hard to work or do anything. It took 3 treatments to get me back to ok, but it was a month long, no time to go get adjusted but hurting worse everyday, downward slide of pain. Only time he's told me to come back in a time period to get a little more done.
Good luck, if you find a good chiro that isn't a snake oil salesman, it is an asset for life if you can't afford to be off pretty much ever

Beerj said:
I've thought about chiropractors before but keep telling muself I'm too young for that. But hey, if it works it works. I'll have to see what's around.

I'll tell you right know that your not to young, first time I went I was about 21 or 22. I hurt my back jumping off a bluff into creek. And the chiropractor got me back to normal. I still go a every once and awhile. And they can give you some exercise and straches to do that'll help you a bunch too. It's money well spend

I built houses for 10 years. Mostly framing but we poured our own floors and porches. Also did our own shingles. Then I ran a backhoe for about 5 years. Now I don't do anything and my back sucks...

Mine does this around twice a year and just decided to act up a few hours ago. Felt fine all day then go to load the last thing in my work van, a cooler, and I about hit my knees in the parking lot. Its been doing it for the last ten years and usually lasts a week when it happens. It all started after a wreck I was in. Passenger door of the little mazda was pushed in mid ways on the passenger seat that I was in. My back and shoulder took a beating that night. Tried getting a MRI the first time it acted up but the **** was magically healed by the time I could go so the doc couldn't find anything. My guess is that its nerve related since its so random.

Tried a few different pain meds but they don't help. Never tried a chiro although I've been wanting to.

Re:

tonybolton said:
I'd seek out a reputable chiropractor. I went through something similar to this a long time ago and after about 36 visits to a chiropractor he got me back to about 85 to 90%

Simple things like moving my wallet from my back pocket to my front pocket and using a shim in one of my shoes made incredible differences.

My back has been bothering me more lately and I've never had a problem before. 99% it's the geometry of my prosthesis after thinking about it for a while. Gonna have to go get them to re-align it. Keeps getting worse and worse.

Re:

TacomaJD said:
My back has been bothering me more lately and I've never had a problem before. 99% it's the geometry of my prosthesis after thinking about it for a while. Gonna have to go get them to re-align it. Keeps getting worse and worse.

Check, it may be 'dem :tc

Re:

blacksheep10 said:
Truth!
I have no :tc so I have to blame my one leg being 1/3" shorter than the other throwing my hips out of line

Then that is JDs problem too, his is more than 1/3" off, more like 24" off. :rolf:

Beerj said:
Thanks for the info guys. At this point I'm thinking there's something not right going on. I lift my fare share of heavy things regularly and it doesn't give me any issues normally. But when it does, it's something as simple as bending over to pick something up with no real weight to it. Also, it's at the exact same spot every time. After a week I'm usually back at 100% and have no restrictions on what I can lift/do. For now, I'm thinking bringing MRI results to a chiropractor may yeild the best results. It might show what the problem actually is and the best way to treat or prevent it.

I "had" the very same symptons as you for the past 10 years. I went to several crackerprator sessions with only temporary pain relief. Finally went thru 6 weeks of PT and now I can honestly say I have zero pain in my lower back/hips.

My problem was my hips were rotated out of parallel and pulling/pinching my sciatic nerve from a car wreck years ago not me driving a manual trans truck not helping. The PT help tremedeously and retrained my back and hips muscles to keep my hip bones in the correct location.

Something to that as well. My shoulders are suddenly shitty. I'm letting my rotator muscles get weak so when I use the larger muscles around them (mainly jumping in gym after 3 years off) my shoulders HURT. Ortho said likely weak 3 muscles/injury etc. work the right muscles the right way and be back to 100%. Recommended PT to get everything back right. Once I quit excavating, being on varying terrain, working out all those small support muscles running over piles and in and out of ditches they all atrophy. You're standing on flat level surfaces for the most part. Man was never designed for that.

That's a good point, though my work environment is usually anything but flat and level. It actually feels surprisingly good today. No nagging ache, just a little tight if I lean forward. I'm kinda shocked considering how it felt just last night

Are you having any leg pain or tingling? If you squat down and you hip flexors are tight it causes your lower back to round and push out on your Disc. Leg pain is a sign of a bulging " herniated disc". Lying on the floor or standing is better for your spine alignment. If and when you do stretching, try to keep your back straight. I am no Dr. but I have spent enough time with the orthiapidics to be able to give some advice on what has helped my l5 s1 disc.