• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

LS 1 fuel pump

Nathan08

I am looking for anyone who could tell me of a good part # for a fuel pump for my LS. I have an external pump that some company out of AZ :dunno: supplied to the builder of the truck. There is a part # on the pump but the parts guys around here could not cross it, and I called Federal ( I believe it is) and they could not give me any info with the numbers I supplied. The pump I am running now got hot and quit running on me for a while last ride, so I am looking for a replacement before it goes out completely. Just the specs for what I need would be helpful if no one has a part number. Thanks guys.

I ran an external pump on my TBI setup and had similar problems, poor performance when it got hot ok after it had a little time to cool down. Finally bit the bullet and modified my fuel cell to take an intank pump. No more problems and a lot quieter. OEM pump... quieter, cheaper and more reliable. :****:

call jimmy at essentially he just got one a couple of weeks ago for ray (flatcreek) and they say it made that motor come alive.

onetoncrawler said:
I ran that same kit on my last buggy and didn't have good luck, filter/reg only lasted 2 rides before it crapper out and I lost fuel pressure, fuel pump lasted about 5 months. I put a wiz filter/ reg back on and didn't have any more issues

I had a problem with it getting hot as well. So I added a second pump and put it on a toggle switch and that so far has been the solution.

doctordick said:
I ran an external pump on my TBI setup and had similar problems, poor performance when it got hot ok after it had a little time to cool down. Finally bit the bullet and modified my fuel cell to take an intank pump. No more problems and a lot quieter. OEM pump... quieter, cheaper and more reliable. :****:

onetoncrawler said:
I ran that same kit on my last buggy and didn't have good luck, filter/reg only lasted 2 rides before it crapper out and I lost fuel pressure, fuel pump lasted about 5 months. I put a wiz filter/ reg back on and didn't have any more issues

Wiz or Wix? I will be ordering a reg/filter and was going to get a wix was just wondering if thats what you meant.

call henson super car in birmingham alabama , i just bought one from him . he keeps them in stock ,ask for brian. you can mention my name if you want (tripp summerlin ) his number is 205-267-6387
hopes this helps

Woodlee did a Good write up on pirate on his fuel systems, it would be well worth reading.