• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

LS Engine Tuning in Bham Area?

Yep. Just a little more than these mail order tunes. No way to get the car dialed in without being there with it. I have not been impressed with mailorder tunes at all. Spend more time shipping and waiting. Place in hville specializes in LS motors...

are they going to tune it with the 39s on it? are you going to run speed density? I have it on mine and can tell very little difference from driving here at sea level to driving it in the mountains in KY. I would love to get my rig dyno tuned, I know there is more in it.....

jrhall said:
Hear say up my way saids lane knows his **** with ls..This coming from several people.
Truth. A lil different but def knows his ****.
1TONZR2 said:
are they going to tune it with the 39s on it? are you going to run speed density? I have it on mine and can tell very little difference from driving here at sea level to driving it in the mountains in KY. I would love to get my rig dyno tuned, I know there is more in it.....
I taked with him the other day about speed density vs. MAF. He said with SD the temp it is outside when tuned will have an slight effect on how it acts. And that MAF is just more tunable. Also he will run the dyno with whatever size tires you wanna run.

LANE IS GOOD HE'S DONE SEVERAL HARNESS AND COMPUTERS FOR ME HERE AT THE SHOP. CANT GO WRONG.

wagnon89 said:
Truth. A lil different but def knows his ****.I taked with him the other day about speed density vs. MAF. He said with SD the temp it is outside when tuned will have an slight effect on how it acts.

Is he talking about a SD tune without an intake air temp sensor? The manual I have says that if you don't run an IAT then the PCM will assume it's 77 degrees outside, which it may or may not be...

heepr said:
Is he talking about a SD tune without an intake air temp sensor? The manual I have says that if you don't run an IAT then the PCM will assume it's 77 degrees outside, which it may or may not be...
Not really sure. He was explaining it to me and got way over my head.
onetoncrawler said:
called Wednesday morning and left a message -no return call ........ no name on the voicemail..is that the right number?
That's the number in my phone??? I just stopped by his shop. Didn't try to call.

wagnon89 said:
His name is Lane 256-882-2450

I actually got him at this number. There is a guy named Lane, Buddy and then another guy.

Address is:
247 McCutcheon Loop Rd
Lacey Springs, AL 35754

I am going up this afternoon and I will let you know how it goes.

Matt O. said:
Ha I just called them and they said between 400-700 to dyno tune. Ha, no thanks. Looks like I am going to Huntsville they are reasonable and specialize in LS. Walker in Trussville will not call me back
I paid $600 to have mine tuned and turns out the guy has a reputation for not knowing what he is doing(wish I'd have known that before), even though he has supposedly tuned some of the fastest LS2s ever built. Now, I'm going to take it to another local guy who helped GM tune the new Z06. Sometimes it helps to be in an area big on Nascar.

All I have to go buy is reputation and Lane has a good one. Everyone speaks highly of him and the **** he had in his shop makes me think he know a little. I think he does dyno tuning as a hobby, he builds performance cars full time and has a crew of guys working for him. He has his own in house machine shop to make parts like billet fuel rails and so forth. Just about every motor there was an LS, and he was the the first to start swapping LS motors in the import cars like RX7's and Supras. He had two RX7's there that have 450-500 hp to the wheels.

Lane told me 290 to the wheels, which puts it at 400+ to the crank. He also said mine was a lot more effecient that many rock buggys he has done because of the smaller tires (39's) instead of 44 and larger. Also, he nailed my tune in 3-4 pulls. We spent the other 3-4 hours trying to figure out an issue I have going from neutral to a fwd or reverse gear. He thinks it is my torque converter and so do some other people..

[attachment deleted by admin]

Also I saw onetoncrawler and his new set of tires on the way up 65, that ****er drives fast ;D

Here are my numbers. He said he could probably get a little more out of it, but for reliability and my application it is probably not needed and not very useable power. The dyno pulls were fun, 3rd gear get it to 2k rpm's then mat it nad hope it didn't break the straps and come flying off the dyno! I need to figure out how to ventilate the crankcase a little better, my Pemberton PVC delete did not like the pulls and kept spitting the dipstick. If anybody has any ideas on my stalling issue going into gears I am all ears. We made it a little better, but it is still there.....

[attachment deleted by admin]

If he tuned it and got 290 rwhp, I need to let him tune mine. My setup only put 296 rwhp with a lot more add-ons. :dunno:

Matt O. said:
Also I saw onetoncrawler and his new set of tires on the way up 65, that ****er drives fast ;D
Yea I was with him and your buggy looks real good Matt. Hope the new motor is flashemifyougotem

my suggesion is that you need a stall torque converter since it does not the stock camshaft, stock converters are meant to work with stock or only slightly larger camshafts anything much larger will require a stall converter or it will cause the issues you are having

you may get by with letting a good shop "loosen up" your stock converter since it appears to be somewhat "drivable" like it is, however you need to have the specs and tell them what you are doing and most good converter shops should be able to build what you need

ridenrace6 said:
my suggesion is that you need a stall torque converter since it does not the stock camshaft, stock converters are meant to work with stock or only slightly larger camshafts anything much larger will require a stall converter or it will cause the issues you are having

you may get by with letting a good shop "loosen up" your stock converter since it appears to be somewhat "drivable" like it is, however you need to have the specs and tell them what you are doing and most good converter shops should be able to build what you need

I think he may try and do this. I suggested PTC, because they are a great to deal with and understand what we do.