• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

LS Fuel pump what do you recommend?

crawler nut

I am looking for some input as to what kind of fuel pump to run.
I done an engine swap a while back, put a LQ9 6.0 in my crawler. I put an RCI fuel cell in the back an am using a external Walbro 255 pump. It has worked great for about 5 rides.
On the last ride it started acting up an finally cut off. A few min later fired back up an put it on the trailer.
What is the best pump that is giving the most trouble free service?
Mallary? Areomotive? Please if you don't mind add a part number in there.
Guys I really appreaciate it.

aeromotive! got one in my rig. i bought the stealth phantom 200 kit and i was tired of having to piece together little things for the build, so i told the i wanted everyting to hook it up. i paid $1095 and it came with everything i needed. just the pump/pickup kit is under $500

I've used an aeromotive a1000 for 5yrs not a single issue

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 176
Re:

Run my walbro external for 4 years now, no problems yet on LT1 or my 6.0. I do carry a spare cuz is cheap enough and easily swapped on trail. Possible ran it dry or picked up some trash? Maybe better mounting in relation to tank?

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

Re: LS Fuel pump what do you recommend?

I'm using a Bosch 044 on my build. It's mounted in the cell.

The Walbro is a good pump, but mounting has a lot to do with how long a pump lasts. Most fuel pumps are designed to push fuel, not pull it. If you're using it externally it should ideally be mounted lower than the tank and gravity fed. If that isn't possible use a high volume low pressure pump to get the fuel up to the high pressure pump. Cavitation kills pumps in a hurry.

Mine isn't running yet but I have a walbro 255 with the Liquid Iron industries in tank pickups. Should be just as good as a in tank pump.

I'm running an aeromotive eliminator on mine. 6.0l procharged. Fired it an hour ago for the first time so I can say that it works ha.

Woooo weeee 1100 for a kit?? Wtf does it come with?? Jesus. I'm tryin to keep my whole swap around That number. Ha. Maybe a Lil more. But Jesus lawd. Anyone have any bad experience with warlbro? There has to be a reason you would use a $400 fuel pump over $100 one.... Um I think anyways.. Never know with y'all ballers.

kushKrawlin said:
Woooo weeee 1100 for a kit?? Wtf does it come with?? Jesus. I'm tryin to keep my whole swap around That number. Ha. Maybe a Lil more. But Jesus lawd. Anyone have any bad experience with warlbro? There has to be a reason you would use a $400 fuel pump over $100 one.... Um I think anyways.. Never know with y'all ballers.

On both of mine, I use the Walbro GSL392.

Raw pump $67.47

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Walbro-GSL392-Universal-Inline-Fuel-Pump-/131408669917?hash=item1e98912cdd:g:2l4AAOSwd4tUIllL&vxp=mtr

First one I bought, I got the one with the 6AN fittings.

6AN pump $87.50

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Walbro-Performance-Fuel-Pump-255LPH-Inline-fits-Nissan-240SX-300ZX-SR20DET-350Z-/321495454294?hash=item4ada9f5256:g:1jEAAOSwbqpT8jCD&vxp=mtr

blacksheep10 said:
Kush, can you not get the factory sender and lines and all? I've started just using all the factory ****, put the factory pump and **** all in the tank.

IMHO, nothing scavenges all the fuel at any angle better than the factory sending unit.

I may can find that stuff but it's not with my motor I got. I'm still reading and really taking advice from Pat. He knows motors. I know nothing. Except 400 for a fuel pump ain't happening for me. Hell to tha naw naw naw. But I'll look into that.. Thanks!