• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

LS Intake swap

You'll have to be more specific on which intake you wanna run.. truck intake, or ls1 intake ect...

My understanding (might be limited) is you need to run car accessories with ls1/car intake and truck accessories with truck intake because the pulley's are offset differently and waterpump ports are configured differently for each setup... there are aftermarket setups out there too... there are tons of different options which is probably why you're posting up..... :cougar:

zjtrey said:
You'll have to be more specific on which intake you wanna run.. truck intake, or ls1 intake ect...

My understanding (might be limited) is you need to run car accessories with ls1/car intake and truck accessories with truck intake because the pulley's are offset differently and waterpump ports are configured differently for each setup... there are aftermarket setups out there too... there are tons of different options which is probably why you're posting up..... :cougar:

The truck motor is not an LS but thats what some people call it. Im going for a LS6 intake on a LQ4. I saw where you have to have a car water pump and differnt spacing on the pump and maybe the balancer.

crawlin85cj said:
Truck brackets and turn the intake around backward

This is probably what i will do but I wanted to here some other options before I do it.

Bout to run into the same thing I'm doing ls3 heads and intake on my lq4 they say ill have no problems everything will plug in off of my lq4 harness to everything on ls3 intake ill let you know have it all goes they said everything bracket wise will clear also aslong as I turn intake around that's the way I'm running it now anyways what made u to decide to go with a ls6 intake just wondering

NTIDWELL said:
Bout to run into the same thing I'm doing ls3 heads and intake on my lq4 they say ill have no problems everything will plug in off of my lq4 harness to everything on ls3 intake ill let you know have it all goes they said everything bracket wise will clear also aslong as I turn intake around that's the way I'm running it now anyways what made u to decide to go with a ls6 intake just wondering

From what I have read they flow better than an ls1 intake. I haven't looked into the ls3 much yet but I will before the final purchase is made.

cbfabwerks said:
cant run a ls3 intake on a lq4 unless you have l92 heads
this is true and instead of port and polishing my lq4 heads I decided to go with ls3 heads

If you're getting new heads why not get the l92? They say those are the best flowing heads to put on a lq4.

85toyo said:
If you're getting new heads why not get the l92? They say those are the best flowing heads to put on a lq4.
ls3 l92 are the same round port flowing 330cfm on intake and 200cfm on exhaust where your ls6/ls1 are cathedral port

L92 heads flow great out of the box but seem lack low and mid range torque. I think you would be real happy with a set of LS2 heads and intake and they can be had real reasonable. Making 500hp that wont be overly radical isn't far fetched with a good cam and tuner.

Ls1 intakes other than looks aren't a upgrade. They will lose low and mid power compared to a truck intake due to the short intake runners. The ls6 intake is a good upgrade but they aren't anywhere near as easy to find and cost more