• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

LTB's....Yay or Nay??

Well I picked up a 400sb, th400,14 bolt & big hub 44 today for it. I know the 44 is weak but its gonna get ran until I have a 60 for it. ;)

I still have and love my 47" LTB's......best big offroa
d tire I have ever had.....!!

The 47" LTB may be the final stage of my LJ build in years to come, although the 47" Growlers and 49" Iroks are right there as close competitors.
Anyone have any real feedback as to Hwy. driving and tread life. I know most won't daily drive with a 47" tire, but there are a few of us north of the border that do with +40" tires.

I had LTB's on my Bronco for a while and they worked good in certain areas I was not completely sold on them, they were nice tall and kinda skinny for there size. I Liked my Iroks better for the majority of wheeling. In the mud and nasty terrain the LTB's worked but hooking up on wet muddy rocks like Reiter, or other areas around here not so much they didn't hold on rocks very well for me either at Naches but that's just my opinion

I had LTB's on my Bronco for a while and they worked good in certain areas I was not completely sold on them, they were nice tall and kinda skinny for there size. I Liked my Iroks better for the majority of wheeling. In the mud and nasty terrain the LTB's worked but hooking up on wet muddy rocks like Reiter, or other areas around here not so much they didn't hold on rocks very well for me either at Naches but that's just my opinion

What size were you running?

Ive got 2 of the 47's sitting in the back of my shop now, saving for the other 2 now. They will go on my chevy soon after some major axle upgrades.

Well I picked up a 400sb, th400,14 bolt & big hub 44 today for it. I know the 44 is weak but its gonna get ran until I have a 60 for it. ;)
I have a sneeky susption that a D44 wouldn't even last a drive out of the driveway with 47" swamper anything. I would expect it to eat itself alive first rock or log you hit.

No personal experiance, but I would think even a stock D60 would hold up to them after too long. If it were me, and I was planning on that tire size, I wouldn't even drag a 44 over to my rig for moch up, save and spend the $750-$1000 gets a D60 starting point, sell the D44 to some idiot for $400 and be part way there :redneck: