• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Manastash meadows up by the rocks.

The Boeing Employies Stump Thumpers (B.E.S.T. 4x4 club) are heading up there this weekend to take care of our adpoted trail the 4W330 and we will clean-up other trails along the way but we do NOT want bad press..........

:awesomework::awesomework::awesomework:

Last edited:
not sure where it was but it was larry doing hot laps up on manastash somewhere
it being pulled has me wondering now

I remember seeing the video...I assume these tracks were the result :eeek:

DSCF2352.jpg

MemorialDay200964.jpg

MemorialDay200965.jpg

That video was not that location. There was 2' of snow in that area. Nothing was damaged. We were traveling in a group with some forest service folks that were volunteers or something. So thats what happened anyways. Only interested in helping the trails and keeping them open. Ask the people from Reiter.. I have been to three trail clean ups. and will attend more.

So why isn't there any fuss about the quad and motorcycle tracks that are clearly present in that picture ? Could it have been that there was snow up there and sombody was following the bike tracks through ? I don't know the area in question that well just throwing something out there

So why isn't there any fuss about the quad and motorcycle tracks that are clearly present in that picture ? Could it have been that there was snow up there and sombody was following the bike tracks through ? I don't know the area in question that well just throwing something out there

Your absolutly right--but playing devils advocate---large rigs(us) do WAY more damage than they do--granted they do damage too...

IMO its to the point we all need to withhold the very same rules--all thrown into the same pile...

An ORV is a ORV whether it has 4 wheels 2 wheels etc. Everybody should work together towards the same goal. Common use open trail systems.

Guys and girls,

I did NOT post this to be a bitching thread, I posted it to see if we can JUST stop it. We did NOT need this kind of BAD repesentation of the 4 wheelin comunity in general......

The Boeing Employies Stump Thumpers (B.E.S.T. 4x4 club) are heading up there this weekend to take care of our adpoted trail the 4W330 and we will clean-up other trails along the way but we do NOT want bad press..........

:kiss: And we thank you for everything you do!!!

In the big picture I agree this has to stop. Slightly smaller picture though it concerns me that this LEO assumed it was a buggy that did this. There seems to be no reason whatsoever to assume it was a buggy. This tells me that in this LEOs mind buggies are the problem. :mad:
Yes that matters and yes I have a big problem with it!

i dont think Mikki was targeting "buggies". just a term. it used to be "Jeeps" for everything even if it was a Cruzer, Toyota Truck, Bronco, whatever... now the generic term is "Buggie". i can see your frustration with feeling singled out.
and Poo.... i didnt mean to throw you into the fire, i know your definitly one of the good guys, i just meant someone might slip and brag about their off trail adventures up there...
as far as "i was just following tracks through the snow" we all know that off trail is off trail. ya, if your on 6' of snow your not hurting anything but when the snow starts to melt and people follow where you have gone they get to ground somewhere and instead of backtracking they continue on and cause damage. we need to get these yahoo's to stay on the trails and not go overland at all.

The pic posted is not the area Mikki had a major problem with. I should get those pic's from her in a few hours of so. I will post them when I get them.

In the big picture I agree this has to stop. Slightly smaller picture though it concerns me that this LEO assumed it was a buggy that did this. There seems to be no reason whatsoever to assume it was a buggy. This tells me that in this LEOs mind buggies are the problem. :mad:
Yes that matters and yes I have a big problem with it!

Just wait until they start limiting tire size up there.... it's around the corner.. I'm not shitting you. :booo:

I've always figured 99% of buggie owners have too much inve$ted in their rigs to pull ****tard stunts that would fuel the fire for trail closures. :scratchhead:

Just wait until they start limiting tire size up there.... it's around the corner.. I'm not shitting you. :booo:

I've always figured 99% of buggie owners have too much inve$ted in their rigs to pull ****tard stunts that would fuel the fire for trail closures. :scratchhead:

I think we are looking at a bunch of changes coming down the pipe...

I think we are looking at a bunch of changes coming down the pipe...

I'll put a lid on it after this but I truly believe the buggy v Jeep v Fullsize is REAL. It's a debate nobody in law enforcement wants to debate, instead they will quietly hack at the few freedoms the owners have to date. Buggies are the black sheep and it will always be that way until the trails are buggy free... then what? I don't need a buggy to fit 39.5s... although on the station wagon that'd be purty funny:haha:

I do sympathize with ORV law enforcement as I don't feel they wake up in the morning deciding what trail they want to shut down one bit. I feel they receive immense pressure from the "greenie" groups and botanists. I will say Cle Elum Ranger district's ORV dept fights for our rights more than most think:awesomework:

I'll put a lid on it after this but I truly believe the buggy v Jeep v Fullsize is REAL. It's a debate nobody in law enforcement wants to debate, instead they will quietly hack at the few freedoms the owners have to date. Buggies are the black sheep and it will always be that way until the trails are buggy free... then what? I don't need a buggy to fit 39.5s... although on the station wagon that'd be purty funny:haha:

I do sympathize with ORV law enforcement as I don't feel they wake up in the morning deciding what trail they want to shut down one bit. I feel they receive immense pressure from the "greenie" groups and botanists. I will say Cle Elum Ranger district's ORV dept fights for our rights more than most think:awesomework:

Here is what I believe. I believe those who are fighting for us wheelers are typicly the average "jeep guy". I feel there is nobody fighting for the "buggy" guys. From what I have seen over here on the west side--you typicly see the average wheeler who shows up to any type of organized work party, meeting and so forth--those groups who constantly try to keep the trails open. SO if there is no representaion and by that I mean more than "one" person--how are they going to get there voice or presence to those powers that do matter?

SO if there is no representaion and by that I mean more than "one" person--how are they going to get there voice or presence to those powers that do matter?

Good point.

In reality I think the particular area under discussion sees more damage from Elk hunters than anyone else:haha: Not really trying to be funny, I've seen it....:booo:

With lack of funds to maintain trails, it simply boils down to the responsibility of the wheelers. We're all going to have to earn our trails soon and go above and beyond years past.

I remember seeing the video...I assume these tracks were the result :eeek:

Looks like the lower section/staging area (if you call it that) of Funny Rocks, am I right???

Correct. The 4w307 trail Mukman was referencing from one of his earlier posts is the Tripod Flats trail and I would assume the Tripod Flats meadow in particular.

The pic posted is not the area Mikki had a major problem with. I should get those pic's from her in a few hours of so. I will post them when I get them.

I kind of want to see those pics.

Latest posts