• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Manastash

1982cj7

We, 4X4XNorthwest are heading up to Manastash Nov 1st for an overnight run. We are going to put up some signs and do some wheeling, camping out where ever we stop. If anyone would like to go let me know.
Rick

We will be meeting at the 12th street diner in Issaquah at 8:00 am on the 1st. Having breakfast leaving by 9. Mark we can probably meet up on the ridge somewhere. We will be on channel 4.

Ive been considering a run up to the trails that weekend. Will probably be out a lot earlier but if you guys know what trail you'll be starting at I can make a point to meet up.

How big of a group is it?

Probably can't make this one but for anyone else that can't, especially other military/gov't that might have a 96 for Veteran's Day, I'm debating going up the following weekend for 3-4 days. I'm actually on here trying to find info on when Funny Rocks typically becomes unwheelable or gets closed for winter weather, so I was happy to see this trip already planned. Will it be snowy already?

It can be snowing up there by this weekend. I elk hunt in this area and also wheel it a good bit. Elk season ends on the 1st and normally we get some kind of snow this week. It normally is the first snow fall of the year up there so it does not really impact traveling the trails. I am unsure what date this area becomes a "snow park". Murkman on here would know more and might chime in.

Thanks Maverick; great info. I probably shouldn't have "jumped the gun" and posted this question here. Five minutes after I posted I found two other threads that are already chatting about October trips to Natches. :redface:

Sorry for the mini :signhijacked:
BoT.

We will be meeting at the 12th street diner in Issaquah at 8:00 am on the 1st. Having breakfast leaving by 9. Mark we can probably meet up on the ridge somewhere. We will be on channel 4.

I do not run with a CB, So I will simply start the trail and continue driving until I see you. If I can find time to make this work…

The upper trails already had their first dusting of snow last Sunday, it was gone in one day. This time of year there can be a lot of snow or it can be t-shirt weather. Right now it's wet and muddy up there. There's usually not enough snow to prevent one from getting to the funny rocks until late november.

We have 4 rigs or so. We will be starting from Manassas campground around 11-11:30.

Okay

I'm in for sure and i might have another rig along with me. We'll probably run up barber springs and play in the rocks meet you somewhere in between. I'll be on channel 4 around that time see if I can catch you guys

The upper trails already had their first dusting of snow last Sunday, it was gone in one day. This time of year there can be a lot of snow or it can be t-shirt weather. Right now it's wet and muddy up there. There's usually not enough snow to prevent one from getting to the funny rocks until late november.

You heading up for this? Could convoy up manashtash

It can be snowing up there by this weekend. I elk hunt in this area and also wheel it a good bit. Elk season ends on the 1st and normally we get some kind of snow this week. It normally is the first snow fall of the year up there so it does not really impact traveling the trails. I am unsure what date this area becomes a "snow park". Murkman on here would know more and might chime in.

Trails close when Snowmobile Grooming starts in mid-December.

It's a lil over an hour from my place be nice to just camp but if the weather turns nasty ill probably head back. If I do camp it'd be the 31st

Crew I usually run with won't be able to make it. So ill be solo till I catch up with anyone.

You heading out either day?

Built, you gonna camp or just go for a day run?

I'm just across the valley from Manashtash so I'm down for whatever... I'm to close to camp but will if I have to... :redneck:

I might be out and about that weekend also, staging out of Manastash camps sounds like a possibility

Looks like we will be camping at the campground, one of our group is bringing their camp trailer. So we will probably be leaving there around 12 or so to hit the trails.

I am definitely in for this. But I was looking forward to camping on the trail. Was guessing we get to shoestring lake or thereabouts before sundown.

I have to sleep in a tent either way, so I will still try to catch up to you guys. But will be so far behind I might not make it back to Manashtash camp. And if you remember, I enjoy night wheeling, and that was part of my plan as well. Was going to run tipover and shoestring back to my camp for a night run.

If I have a buddy with me, these plans will be confirmed. If I'm running solo, who knows what will happen. I will firm up my plans as the date gets closer.

Latest posts