• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Marlin springs going flat

bent

Anyone had trouble with Marlin's 4" fronts. If gone through 2 sets in two years. Dave at Marlin told me they had some import springs and I must have got some of those (even though the web site said high quality US made springs). They sent me new ones no charge and the same thing happen to these (pasenger side). I called back, they told me I must have got another pair of the inport springs and told me they wouldn't warranty them the second time. The spring was good one day and the next day after some hard wheeling flat. :mad:

Anyone had trouble with Marlin's 4" fronts. If gone through 2 sets in two years. Dave at Marlin told me they had some import springs and I must have got some of those (even though the web site said high quality US made springs). They sent me new ones no charge and the same thing happen to these (pasenger side). I called back, they told me I must have got another pair of the inport springs and told me they wouldn't warranty them the second time. The spring was good one day and the next day after some hard wheeling flat. :mad:
Bump stops? If the spring goes into negative arch while wheeling they will go flat. My Marlin fronts (imports) are completely flat from wheeling with no bump stops

They had problems with those imported spring . They found another maker in the us and i guess have had better luck with them. But it does sound truthfull what marlin is telling you because it is the same story that one of my buddies got. He did get the us springs and had good luck. Marlin will take care of you just be patient .

I stopped using aftermarket springs unless they are going on a street pounder. all the aftermarket springs are JUNK. :puke: unless you spend good money on ALCANS or NATIONAL or CARRIER SPRING.:awesomework: all these superflex springs made by - marlin, trailgear, allpoop, are meant to work great in the formula toy class, on light machines that requier toyota lenght springs to be legal. bump stops are gay and only needed to stop a spring from moving too far or preventing parts from contacting. if a spring wants to move - LET IT MOVE. if it breaks get a better spring. my truck uses no bumpstops and i have never killed a spring.:; :redneck: long OEM springs are the way to go on a beater. they will last forever flex good and wheelhop will be controlled. I use a ton of these long OEM springs on toyota trucks and have had nothing but compliments on them, NEVER a problem. I use mostly ford springs in the front and 64 inch chevys in the rear. and for the RUF guys, those rears SUCK in the rear. they like to be S shaped quickly. why the **** do you want them in the front where the engine and steering is. :masturbanana[1]: RUF are junk. OEM springs last, they are cheap, they have real rubber bushings, and flex great.:cool:

I stopped using aftermarket springs unless they are going on a street pounder. all the aftermarket springs are JUNK. :puke: unless you spend good money on ALCANS or NATIONAL or CARRIER SPRING.:awesomework: all these superflex springs made by - marlin, trailgear, allpoop, are meant to work great in the formula toy class, on light machines that requier toyota lenght springs to be legal. bump stops are gay and only needed to stop a spring from moving too far or preventing parts from contacting. if a spring wants to move - LET IT MOVE. if it breaks get a better spring. my truck uses no bumpstops and i have never killed a spring.:; :redneck: long OEM springs are the way to go on a beater. they will last forever flex good and wheelhop will be controlled. I use a ton of these long OEM springs on toyota trucks and have had nothing but compliments on them, NEVER a problem. I use mostly ford springs in the front and 64 inch chevys in the rear. and for the RUF guys, those rears SUCK in the rear. they like to be S shaped quickly. why the **** do you want them in the front where the engine and steering is. :masturbanana[1]: RUF are junk. OEM springs last, they are cheap, they have real rubber bushings, and flex great.:cool:

:cough: bullshit :cough: Spring length is not an issue for comp legality.

With them being designed for the ftoys why do you need to remove leafs to make them work for comp?

63" Chevy's work ok but hang up on everything and give you serious wheel hop.

But on that note I have always ran toy rears in a properly built front pack and am currently running 3rd gen rears flipped backwards in the rear. Changing to some new aftermarket springs for this season, I'm tired of replacing kinked leafs in 15 year old spring packs.

:cough: bullshit :cough: Spring length is not an issue for comp legality.

With them being designed for the ftoys why do you need to remove leafs to make them work for comp?

63" Chevy's work ok but hang up on everything and give you serious wheel hop.

But on that note I have always ran toy rears in a properly built front pack and am currently running 3rd gen rears flipped backwards in the rear. Changing to some new aftermarket springs for this season, I'm tired of replacing kinked leafs in 15 year old spring packs.

was not aware of the comp rules, just never seen formula toys with long springs my bad.

the second q i dont understand????remove leafs??

and most trail rigs i deal with are not as light as a ftoy.

wheelhop doesnt seem to be an isue on the heaver rigs.
any ways i started a new thread instead of hijacking this one lets see your results there, please.

My buddy had the same problem with a set of bad one and a set of good ones so far his third set is holding up. Marlin fixed him up each time with another set. He has his bumps and everything all set right too. The two sets that went bad only had a couple trips on them.