• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Matt O's Ultra4 Buggy - EOR Racing #4462

Re: Matt O's S&N Fab Buggy Updates & KOH Prep/Rebuild

InDaShop said:
Is the 1st mod, ditching that huge penis on the front of it? :flipoff1:
IIRC, the pro-mod class of werock requires that the front bumper stick out past the tires at a level that's not above the tires. As soon as I saw the front of it I thought that maybe it was designed with that rule in mind. It's just a guess. :dunno:

If that was my rig I'd look at what it took to fit in the class and give it a go.

vanguard said:
IIRC, the pro-mod class of werock requires that the front bumper stick out past the tires at a level that's not above the tires. As soon as I saw the front of it I thought that maybe it was designed with that rule in mind. It's just a guess. :dunno:

If that was my rig I'd look at what it took to fit in the class and give it a go.

All that needs is 37's to fit in ProMod.

I like dont think that stinger is too large myself.

I was jsohin Matt on the stinger. Kinda like "its needs more triangulation" I wouldn't change **** 'cept take that Oneal sticker off of it.

Somebody buy my bigass commercial building gorilla on my back so I can get a buggy!

Very nice buggy Matt! Congrats!

I'm sure I missed it in a thread somewhere but did the TJ stay local or go far away?

6uldv8 said:
I'm sure I missed it in a thread somewhere but did the TJ stay local or go far away?
I stink he said it was going to the Denver area? Moab this weekend

Went to Co. dont know exactly were though. Cool how it all worked out for everyone.

TJ went to Centinnel, CO to a 59 year old guy named Harold. I know the rig was built and used for WERock so that is probably the reason for the boner. I don't love the boner but I am not ready to start hacking on it yet. I spooled the front rope, added rope to the rear, tightened bolts and did a few little odds and ends. It came with a Washington Title as a 68 CJ5 and I took it down to try and tag it and got rejected. They said it needs a shield, turn signals, etc. I think that is BS anybody know a way around this? I guess if I get an in state title for some old vehicle I could tag it that way and no inspection would be needed.

Inspections in 'bama?

I can register anything here with a bill of sale and a title. Maybe some back fees if it's out of date, but damn it's easy.

They inspect the vehicle to look for the VIN number since it is out of state. I got in and read the number on the vin plate off to the lady, that was my inspection. Then the boss lady came over once we got back inside saying it was a dune buggy for offroad and had to pass a road worthiness test and have all those things needed. What a bitch of a deal killer. If it is an in-state vehicle (AL title) no inspection is needed

That surprises me... Hell the turd was on the trailer covered and muddy from the last ride, no doors signals yada yada yada and the lady that did the "inspection" had ME jump up there nad read the VIN off ( what i could ) to her and she signed it off.

She said " Oh honey I aint going anywere near that , you need to climb up there and read that VIN to me. " laughing1

I suppose alot of that has to do with were and who comes out to look at it I guess.. :dunno:

ahh DMV is fun huh Matt! haha..

heading that way to make the X legit today... I'm slightly past my 30 days (bought it Dec. 26th) laughing1

P said:
I suppose alot of that has to do with were and who comes out to look at it I guess.. :dunno:
I would think that is correct. You might want to wait a few weeks and go back and try a different person.

Let me help in the title matter, I'm kinda good at doing them.

1st you need to go to a different office. Without the rig with you.
Say you bought this non-op Jeep and are going to build it. But you want to do a title transfer to get it in your name. (No Inspection)
You'll have to verify the VIN though. Alabama has an Affidavit (1 piece of Paper) you have to fill out saying the VIN is what it is on the title. They usually want a "Rubbing" of said VIN< but its not required in most states. Worst case, you have to stamp the vin out into some thin aluminum and get a rubbing of that. I can do that for you if you need, and I'll mail you the tag so you can rub it.
You will return to DMV with Affidavit, and they will accept your money for the title transfer and the taxes on the purchase. (You paid $500 for it right) thumb.gif

Now once you get the title in the mail from the state go down to the DMV and say you are ready to tag it. They will look at the title, and stamp and issue you tags after you pay them the tag fee.

Note the loophole around the inspection by only asking to transfer the title to you instate? It is present in most states, Alabama is one of them. It also works in Texas, and we have inspections for everything. I have done this many times, and have used Arkansas, Kansas, Oklahoma, New York, Illinois and Mississippi titles to do it.

Somewhere in my stored memory I was thinking you didn't even have to have a title for a 68'....something like 71' or later? I can remember the deal. I was thinking just a bill-of-sale and they give you a tag! ???

6uldv8 said:
Somewhere in my stored memory I was thinking you didn't even have to have a title for a 68'....something like 71' or later? I can remember the deal. I was thinking just a bill-of-sale and they give you a tag! ???
Well pre-SOMETHING you dont need the title you just need a BoS. But they will issue you a new title from the captial saying its a '68. Today it must have a title if it goes back into the rotation so to speak.

That is good info Wyatt, I can't go back to the same place with the rig because I am all over their radar. I can go back sans rig and make that happen. So I need to make an etching of the VIN plate that I put on it yesterday that is for a 68 CJ5, bring the title back and do a bill of sale? On Washington titles they have a section on the front that the seller signs to release the vehicle and you put the amount on there also. Is that a BOS or do I need something else?

BamaTJ said:
That is good info Wyatt, I can't go back to the same place with the rig because I am all over their radar. I can go back sans rig and make that happen. So I need to make an etching of the VIN plate that I put on it yesterday that is for a 68 CJ5, bring the title back and do a bill of sale? On Washington titles they have a section on the front that the seller signs to release the vehicle and you put the amount on there also. Is that a BOS or do I need something else?
You want a separate BOS, put the amount as $500 or so. Then you want to take the WA title, BOS, affidavit and possibly insurance if required and do a TITLE TRANSFER into your name and state. Hope that was clear ???

Wyatt is correct. I have the form you need and I am scanning it know to send it to your Email. You have to get a cop to feel it out.

Kevin I am confused by the form, when do I complete and present it? Why does the cop inspect it? I thought Wyatt was saying his way would work without inspection? It will not pass inspection as is

Actually for this form you would need a friend as a cop. I have bought several trucks from out of state and this is the form they gave to me.

Wyatt's form may be different than this.

After thinking about this situation I am pretty sure you do not need a title for a vehicle of that age. About 6 years ago I bought a 71 Volkswagen Beetle and it did not have a title. I took a Bill Of Sale to the courthouse and did not have any problems getting a tag. It was a Instate Vehicle so that may be a little different.