• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Matt O's Ultra4 Buggy - EOR Racing #4462

Re: Matt O's S&N Fab Buggy Updates & KOH Prep/Rebuild

My 76 Jeep Cherokee is badass dude! It was so painless with an in-state title and bill of sale. My personalized plate will be in the mail soon I hope, it is rad.

Working on insurance for theft and fire. Wyatt can you make me a vin plate if I send you the number?

BamaTJ said:
Working on insurance for theft and fire. Wyatt can you make me a vin plate if I send you the number?

If he can't, I have set of letter/number punches.

John Galbreath Jr. said:
If he can't, I have set of letter/number punches.
I can make it, but thats all I have as well. I just take a little strip of aluminum, hammer the number on it, drill the ends and screw or rivit it to the frame.

Nothing remotely fancy.

InDaShop said:
I can make it, but thats all I have as well. I just take a little strip of aluminum, hammer the number on it, drill the ends and screw or rivit it to the frame.

Nothing remotely fancy.

hell I have those... I've never used them but saw em on sale and had to have them laughing1

Congrats on getting it sorted out Matt, thats cool man I dig it !!

Toyotas have VIN plates held on with rivets. I have always just popped that plate off on Cruisers I parted out. My last buggy was a 1981 FJ-40.

I think I am gong to go different this time and title my buggy like the engine. Find a Chevy Silverado title.

wngrog said:
Toyotas have VIN plates held on with rivets. I have always just popped that plate off on Cruisers I parted out. My last buggy was a 1981 FJ-40.

I think I am gong to go different this time and title my buggy like the engine. Find a Chevy Silverado title.
that's easiest here in ks. tell them that it is the drivetrain out of that vehicle. Even if its just teh engine, they won't know th erest.

my buggy is currently a 1951 GMC pickup... (pulled the VIN plate/tags off the hotrod before I left for the weekend)

Sure enough, Saturday night I was stopped by the forest ranger, asked to see the VIN plate/registration. (both of with are sheetmetal screwed on)... as I handed it to him, i said "well it has been modified some." He gave the buggy a once over, and said "I don't know if its a '51 GMC or not, but its not a '80's, '90's, or 2000 model.... so here you go." Handed me back my registration, and let me go. loller.gif

In NC your vehicle doesn't have to have a yearly inspection if it's more than 35ys. old.

wngrog said:

Have the vin plates and title to my 85 Toyota (green one) that I cut up and scrapped stored away for a rainy day for that very reason.

I plan to do the same, since my 84 chevy came with a d60, 14 bolt, and a Th400, I will keep the vin, for when I get a buggy.

Little update, TK's buddy Tommy cut me up some 1/8" aluminum panels to enclose the rear storage area in the back. I had to do this to pass the wife test and meet code for having the dog ride in the back. Tommy templated them out with cardboard and made the to fit. I trimmed a little off them to get them looking right on the rig. Drilling holes for 1/8" self-tappers is all that is left and they will be done.

Should have my custom inner today or tommorrow, then I will put it all back together for this weekend.

Awesome Matt. Wish I could make it there to see your shakedown run and the rest of the stupidity that comes with a KS/AL wheeling trip

Rear panels are in, don't "LOVE" the look but it is not bad and it gets the job done. I put the front axle back together with the old shafts and a spicer joint that was in good shape because my new shafts will not be here until today and I have a work thing tonight and cannot put them in. I will be ready to beat on the new rig this weekend.

If I'm understanding things correctly you can drop it off at P's while you're at the work thingy and he'll put the new shafts in there for you! You don't even need to bring him any beer cause he's working on his girlish figure! thumb.gif

6uldv8 said:
If I'm understanding things correctly you can drop it off at P's while you're at the work thingy and he'll put the new shafts in there for you! You don't even need to bring him any beer cause he's working on his girlish figure! thumb.gif

You are so right, I need to do that. Wonder if I can get the Captn Carl treatment where he comes and gets in on his trailer and takes it over there for me too.

Heck, you two live so close now that I don't see why he couldn't do that and actually bring it back home to you. He'll probably jump at the opportunity! :popcorn:

Yeah door to door service is where it's at. Maybe he can perform some maintenance on it also and give it a wash and wax!

6uldv8 said:
Why not, he needs more drama in his life the Jrish and that ponygirl chick