• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Matt O's Ultra4 Buggy - EOR Racing #4462

Re: Matt O's S&N Fab Buggy Updates & KOH Prep/Rebuild

great buy matt o....

i was close to gettitng a S&N rig myself b4 i got stinky....

looks like it will be fun.....

BamaTJ said:
Anybody know a local cop that can help me out?

Yes, and he has already done a motorhome for me. He came to my house on duty. I have his cell number if you want me to set it up. You will need the paper for him to fill out.

you do not need and inspection, you do not need a cop

It is an affidavit, I'll track down the Bama version. Gimme a few.
Think of it like you have a trailer load of parts that has a title, and is from out of state. Kinda hard to get that inspected, huh?

So you go do a title transfer only, but to do that you need to verify the VIN. That is why you need the VIN Affidavit. Those two pieces will get you a clean Alabama title. At which time you'll have to pay taxes on said pile. Like I said you paid $500 right. If the Washington title has a place for the $'s on it use that. Bama may still require a signed seperate BoS, I dont know. But I bet if you go out in the parking lot with this pen and blank sheet of paper, you'll find Mr. Bill Smith the former owner in Washington, right?

Once you have a clean Bama title then you just walk in and get your tags.

Matt IM me if you need more help. I'll try to find the affadavit online

OK what I found.
Alabama only titles, 1975 and subsequent year model motor vehicle which is domiciled in Alabama and is required to be registered in Alabama is required to have an Alabama certificate of title.

So they will probably not issue you a title, but should issue you a registration. Using your washington paperwork.

I'm pretty sure you'll need MVR 40-12-232/248-01 filled out to certify the VIN and it has not been used on Alabama Roads but man. Y'alls state is kinda screwy, they are all concerned about personalized license plates, and Fireman plates,and other **** but not much on old stuff.
http://www.revenue.alabama.gov/motorvehicle/mvforms/MVR_40_12_232_248_01.pdf

My advice. Go in, and find the sweet old lady that looks like shes been there forever but isnt bitter. Dont do anything, just ask her your questions. Say I just bought a 1968 Jeep pile of parts for a project from a guy in Washington. It all showed up on some pallets. I have the signed title, and want to get it transferred into my name. What do I do?
Its not running or driving now, but it will in should hopefully soon. Play dumb, and sweet.
Hopefully she'll help you out with a title transfer, then down the road you can get tags and skate through. :dunno:

OK< I FOUND THE SOLUTION

I'll come get it, and title it here in Texas. We'll keep it at my house with a Texas Title, and we can just call it yours. :afro:

Here is the link to what I have to fill out to do mine, soooo simple!
http://www.dot.state.tx.us/txdoteforms/GetForm?formName=/VTR-301.doc&preference=PDFForm&appID=/vtr&fileID=1233334&status=/reportError.jsp&configFile=WFServletConfig.xml

Bama is the most bassakwards state as you can see Wyatt. Bones there are trails right down the road from me and I would rather not worry about the cops when I am cruising to the trails or up to Gray Rock. Really would like to make that happen and I think a cop that would cut me some slack on the inspection would probably be simple and easy. It has headlights and tail ligths, no turns or winshield

here in Ga we only had to have headlights and brake light and tail lights and zip tide plexi glass in for a windshield and they let us tag em

BamaTJ said:
Bama is the most bassakwards state as you can see Wyatt. Bones there are trails right down the road from me and I would rather not worry about the cops when I am cruising to the trails or up to Gray Rock. Really would like to make that happen and I think a cop that would cut me some slack on the inspection would probably be simple and easy. It has headlights and tail ligths, no turns or winshield

Tht is not what I found the inspection to be. The cop just had to look at the vin and verify it. This has to be done of all out of stte vehicles.

In NC we have yearly inspections for all the lights and stuff, but according to our book, you dont need signals, you can use handsignals, but it would be easy to put in a stop/turn/tail round LED in, if you really have problems.

I am still looking into the tag issues and what my best bet is.I polished the underside of the aluminum roof yesterday. That was a stupid idea that took forever! TK and Tommy came over last night to measure for some aluminum panels in the rear storage area because I need something to keep the dog enclosed. Gotta install a super joint sometime this week and then I should be ready to ride.

So I should of torn down the driver's side to install the joint sooner. The joint in there has two broken caps, like they are half missing. I don't know how it is still in there. Steven told me to do it before I took it out, I should of done it before I drove it on the street! Going to try and finish up the u-joint swap tonight....

BamaTJ said:
So I should of torn down the driver's side to install the joint sooner. The joint in there has two broken caps, like they are half missing. I don't know how it is still in there. Steven told me to do it before I took it out, I should of done it before I drove it on the street! Going to try and finish up the u-joint swap tonight....
Take it in to the dealer for warranty work. You just got the damn thing :flipoff1:

John Galbreath Jr. said:
Tht is not what I found the inspection to be. The cop just had to look at the vin and verify it. This has to be done of all out of stte vehicles.
if I take a vehicle to the inspection station in KC, they go over it with a fine tooth comb. If I call a trooper to come out on duty, I write a check for $10 and he looks at the VIN, verifies its not hot and matches the title and signs off on it. teh ****ers at the dmv have nothing better to do than be ****ers. the cops that are on duty just want to see its not falling in half and is not hot. get an on duty cop at your house type inspection. that is if wyatt's way doesn't fly

Matt, do you have any clue what brand mounts those are for your fire extinguishers? I am looking for something like that for tube, I havent seen those before.

Got her tagged and titled today, hell yeah! Bailey had a stack of old titles from rigs he parted out that he gave me. Score! My personalized tag is going to be the ****! Cheap renewal and now I will be somewhat legal!

BamaTJ said:
Got her tagged and titled today, hell yeah! Bailey had a stack of old titles from rigs he parted out that he gave me. Score! My personalized tag is going to be the ****! Cheap renewal and now I will be somewhat legal!

Ha, yeah there is no way i could get my **** titled for the road. We have annual inspections.... :'(

Congrats that pretty damn cool its titled and what not for the road. Crazy!

Latest posts