• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Matt O's Ultra4 Buggy - EOR Racing #4462

Re: Matt O's S&N Fab Buggy Updates & KOH Prep/Rebuild

Love the new color, but itd prolly run better with a chevy color. :flipoff1:

Thanks for the props, I went through Joe's color sample books with a picture in hand of a paint job I really liked. I found the closest one and hoped that the 1 inch sample would match what I was going for. Turned out better than I expected, even though Joe said the color didn't cover for **** and has something like 13 coats of paint on it including primers, base and clear :eek:

Looks nice Matt. Should look really good backed with all the silver. Looking forward to seeing it all together.

Cole said:
Since you have to replace the Front R&P makes sure you replace them with whatever Bryan and them use. They haven't had any problems since they switched to what there running now.

I think it is Pro-Gear????
http://store.summitracing.com/egnsearch.asp?N=700+305930+115+4294896347

Cole said:
Since you have to replace the Front R&P makes sure you replace them with whatever Bryan and them use. They haven't had any problems since they switched to what there running now.

Not sure which brand they are running, but when Keith set up my rear R&P, he used a company that is giving a 5 year no questions warranty with theirs. I don't know if this is standard protocol or what. :dunno:

Matt O. said:
Thanks for the props, I went through Joe's color sample books with a picture in hand of a paint job I really liked. I found the closest one and hoped that the 1 inch sample would match what I was going for. Turned out better than I expected, even though Joe said the color didn't cover for **** and has something like 13 coats of paint on it including primers, base and clear :eek:

Looks great, now let's go to Buzzards Roost and see how they stand up to some abuse. Need John G. To spot you though. :flipoff1:

Jimmy is brining new r&p and install kits this weekend, I am sure I will be fine with fresh gears and a stronger ratio. I am with 4.56 to replace the 5.13. I always thought it was too low with the 4.3 atlas, so this will give me some wheel speed in first gear..

Matt O. said:
Jimmy is brining new r&p and install kits this weekend, I am sure I will be fine with fresh gears and a stronger ratio. I am with 4.56 to replace the 5.13. I always thought it was too low with the 4.3 atlas, so this will give me some wheel speed in first gear..

I agree with you on the wheel speed vs. gears. I have 5:13's with the 4:3:1 Atlas and if I were to do it over again, I would go with the 4:56's for wheel speed. Your gonna need it on the desert floor. Check into the R&P warranty before you buy them.

I heard the Pro-Gear was designed for drag racers and it 'gives' a little to protect the gears during high RPM launches on asphalt. :dunno:

CHASMAN9 said:
Looks great, now let's go to Buzzards Roost and see how they stand up to some abuse. Need John G. To spot you though. :flipoff1:

I am ready, I know THE line!!!!!! :flipoff1:

Gregg I know the line now also!

Couple of Pics Joe took from the paint booth

New Skins
SNFabBuggy173.jpg

Cowl & Grill
SNFabBuggy174.jpg

Old Skins (aka Beaters) We keep the EOR sticker on and then took it off prior to clear. Looks cool IMO
SNFabBuggy175.jpg

Matt O. said:
Gregg I know the line now also!

Couple of Pics Joe took from the paint booth

New Skins
SNFabBuggy173.jpg

Cowl & Grill
SNFabBuggy174.jpg

Old Skins (aka Beaters) We keep the EOR sticker on and then took it off prior to clear. Looks cool IMO
SNFabBuggy175.jpg

Oh yeah, anybody have the cooler fittings that screw into the bellhousing of a TH400?

John Galbreath Jr. said:
I am ready, I know THE line!!!!!! :flipoff1:

I knew I could count on you John G. Next time I am all over B. Roost on my Polaris. I owned Summertown on it this weekend. laughing1

Matt O. said:
Oh yeah, anybody have the cooler fittings that screw into the bellhousing of a TH400?

Got mine online. A lot of people run 1/4 pipe to -6, but it is really not a National pipe taper, instead its a national straight pipe or something. Its not tapered. I spent the money and got the "right" ones, but you can use an NPT just make sure and not run that bitch all the way in.

Aww cool, I did some searching, summit has them now, for a -8 an which is cool. Yeas they are spendy, but better than ****ing up the case or having leaks. I have the same ones in -6, depending on the size hose you wanna run.
http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=ATI%2D925138&N=700+4294849624+4294741535+115&autoview=sku

EDIT
Heres the link for the -6. They are all the same $$ so, run the -8 if you want 1/2" hose or the -6 if you want 3/8.
http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=ATI%2D925137&N=700+400250+328379+115&autoview=sku

EDIT again, these fittings use a crush washer, so no tape or pipe sealer is needed which is a plus. Also get them really snug, mine backed out a little but didnt leak. I know I sound gay with all this info but I searched and searched back a few months ago on pirate, to find these damn fittings, because summit did not sell them a couple months ago. Just trying to help others get the right info. Even TCI who ****in builds trannys thinks they take an NPT fitting.

I just used Aeroquip's from Gdale performance on my TH350, Id think the "outlets" are the same thread though.... Matt you lifv what, 10 mins from them :dunno:

I got it covered, thanks for the research Marty. I found a post by BillaVista on the subject today and talked to him a little about it. You are right about the Straigh Thread but he said you can use an Tapered thread if you are going male to female. That is what he used on his and he is writing a tech article about fittings, so I got WAY more info than I will ever need on the subject. My problem was I was trying to use the brass fitting in the case already that reduces down for hardline. I pulled that fitting and tossed it and went straight into the case with a 1/4" NPT Nipple Fitting that I already bought. I used teflon tape so I should be good to go! I wish I would of found the -8 fitting before cause that allows more flow, but 3/8" should be fine

Matt O. said:
I got it covered, thanks for the research Marty. I found a post by BillaVista on the subject today and talked to him a little about it. You are right about the Straigh Thread but he said you can use an Tapered thread if you are going male to female. That is what he used on his and he is writing a tech article about fittings, so I got WAY more info than I will ever need on the subject. My problem was I was trying to use the brass fitting in the case already that reduces down for hardline. I pulled that fitting and tossed it and went straight into the case with a 1/4" NPT Nipple Fitting that I already bought. I used teflon tape so I should be good to go! I wish I would of found the -8 fitting before cause that allows more flow, but 3/8" should be fine

Cool, are you running normal tranny cooler return hose? Just curious, thats what I wished I had used. I used braided **** because i had some, but completly useless except for the bling.

Yeah, tranny cooler line is what I ran but TK is looking for some of that bling braided stuff he may have around. Really excited about the upcoming work weekend. Lots of people will be around to lend a hand and it should get very close this week. Tires landed yesterday and I have been doing tedius detail work this week like wiring, re-wring and re-doing lines. Also changed a bunch of fluids and have made good progress in general.