• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Matt O's Ultra4 Buggy - EOR Racing #4462

Re: Matt O's S&N Fab Buggy Updates & KOH Prep/Rebuild

As little of work it needs and as many people it should be DONE. The only time consuming thing it needs is the R&P's thats gonna take a minute .

I hope Jimmy is aware of what kind of enviorment he's getting into .... ie no press, and limited tools etc.. :eek:

I dont envy him on jumping on that grenade !

I told him this already. He said it is fine. Hell I don't even have a socket big enough for the pinion nut :eek: I do have a good vice, compressor and air tools.

I am only minus window nets and seat covers, PRP has had a month to get them done and still nothing. Seats go in last anyways, and window nets can be done later. I would be one happy mofo if that thing was good to go minus seats after this weekend!!!

Matt O. said:
I told him this already. He said it is fine. Hell I don't even have a socket big enough for the pinion nut :eek: I do have a good vice, compressor and air tools.

I am only minus window nets and seat covers, PRP has had a month to get them done and still nothing. Seats go in last anyways, and window nets can be done later. I would be one happy mofo if that thing was good to go minus seats after this weekend!!!

I have got a pinion nut socket. Damn thing was $40.00, maybe someone can get some use out of it. I will bring it tommorrow and hook up with someone and get it to them in case I have to bail this weekend. Holla thumb.gif

P said:
As little of work it needs and as many people it should be DONE. The only time consuming thing it needs is the R&P's thats gonna take a minute .

I hope Jimmy is aware of what kind of enviorment he's getting into .... ie no press, and limited tools etc.. :eek:

I dont envy him on jumping on that grenade !

You dont need a press for the bearings, just a freezer and an oven. Get some honed out bearings to setup with then freeze the carrier, put bearings in oven at minimum setting and they slip right on. As far as getting the old ones off...I have used a bearing splitter (think thats the correct term) and that worked but ruined the bearing. It can be done just not too easy.

If you got a torch I can cut the old off without hurting anything. Can alos install with a torch if we have to.

If you don't have one let me know before tommorrow.

Juan_Hong_Loe said:
You dont need a press for the bearings, just a freezer and an oven. Get some honed out bearings to setup with then freeze the carrier, put bearings in oven at minimum setting and they slip right on. As far as getting the old ones off...I have used a bearing splitter (think thats the correct term) and that worked but ruined the bearing. It can be done just not too easy.

Yes, I used to do that all the time with the Odyssey motors. Case in the oven, bearing in the freezer. Will just drop in. Nan never got mad at that, but the one time I did not get the motor out of the dish washer before she came home, well thats another story. But, that bitch was clean!

the "to do" list got its ass kicked this weekend ! :woody:

All the "fab" on the list was done mid day and I started doing other small fab improvments ( gusset's ) just because we had time. Hailey and I knocked out the welding and cutting / cleaning duties no worries.

Here's some pics I took yesterday. Joe did ON HELL of a job on the paint. The thing is gorgeous Matt has a really nice ride , reaaaaaally nice. thumb.gif

I learned I need better tools! Thanks for all the help guys, I will post up some more details and pics when I have time. I am taking a lunch break, about to finish putting axles together

Looks good. That Spare Tire mount in Pimp. Also glad you got an Oh **** handle. You really needed that. I can't believe you cut those awesome Hooks off the front :flipoff1:. Beadlock rings looks good. I Priced New Rings the other day and about had a heart attack.

It all turned out great, everybody was bustin ass on this thing yesterday. Thanks a lot for the support from all you guys, means a lot to me. It looks super pimp and it only lacks a few items and it will be ready to roll. I am tired of being in the basement, so I will get some pics later. Haley and P knocked out all the fab and grinding work, Jamie was the master electrician, Jimmy and Dan were the gear guys and everybody else pitched in where needed. All the changes to the rig look great!

Some pics:

SNFabBuggy176.jpg

SNFabBuggy177.jpg

SNFabBuggy179.jpg

SNFabBuggy180.jpg

SNFabBuggy181.jpg

SNFabBuggy182.jpg

SNFabBuggy183.jpg

SNFabBuggy185.jpg

Loving the new paint and sprayed panels. Daniel is the ulitmate linings man! Are there panels that go underneigh the seats or is it open?

Lookin good Matt!
How about a shot of the pass.engine ;D wanna scope out your water pump thumb.gif

yeah cole, man up... this is how a baller does ****... its all about the 4.5 slot grilles in '09.... that 2 slot **** is so '08... :flipoff1:

Buggy is looking great. Ithink it looks alot better and no dought think it will perform alot better. Nice job

You might as well go ahead and put er on Buzzards Roost and let John G spot you and get the first birth mark on it. You know it's inevitable. Besides, John know the magic line. :flipoff1:

p.s. looks awesome, even the custom winch controller. Great job guys, I was there in spirit. Besides, after MattO christmas party, I am banned. Ricky B's picture busted me BIG. What, me. No that was P. :flipoff1:

Thanks guys, I am happy with it. We went ahead and pulled a wire for GPS, it will be mounted on the tranny tunnel. The horn is mounted and wired, we are going to mount it on P's grab handle once we find a switch he likes. The area under the seats is open, plan to address that at some point. Jimmy is right 4.5 grill slats is baller :flipoff1:

The horn is mounted and wired, we are going to mount it on P's grab handle once we find a switch he likes.

2 suggestions. 1) foot mounted high beam switch 2) what about a motorcycle hand brake lever? should be easy enough to rig on the Oh **** bar, then he would not have to let go at any time. just .02 :dunno:

Latest posts