• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Matt O's Ultra4 Buggy - EOR Racing #4462

Re: Matt O's Buggy & EOR KOH Upgrades

Hell yeah....Gettin close...post up some pics of new engine and radiator.... :dblthumb:

Matt O. said:
Does anybody know where we can buy and ECM and have it sent quick? Ours is fried and we need to have an ECM that is flashed and ready to go by Friday. I tried SpareECM on eBay, they can't even ship. Anybody have an east coast source that sells ecms and can flash also?

waitformeperformance.com ....maybee..?

Yeah I made a lot of progress tieing up loose ends this weekend but I can't get it to run now.

It cranked and ran fine when I loaded it up, on the trip home I noticed the return was closed at the ball valve, so I opened it. It would not run with the return open, only closed. Car injectors, flow through rails and aftermarket regulator. I tried to adjust the pressure at the regulator but my gauge crapped out. It will not run now, with the return closed it just blows through the injector o-rings and spews fluid at the injectors.

It is all plumbed correctly and the regulator is after the rails. I am going to get a fuel pressure gauge that screws into the regulator but I still don't know why it will not run

[attachment deleted by admin]

Re: Matt O's Ultra4 Buggy & EOR Upgrades

Update:

Rig is getting closer to dialed in. Fuel issue was a bad regulator and I had oil pressure issues first run out that was a simple fix also. I was able to take it out to my local trails last weekend and it did well. I still have a stall issue that seems to be linked to the duration of my GMPP Hot Cam not matching up well with my stock torque converter. It put 290hp to the rear wheels with 39's and is estimated at 400hp at the crank. It really rips in high range which is where my old motor was sluggish. It cools great also, I am very pleased with the cooling upgrades. The ECM controls the fans off/on and it never gets over 200. Even on the dyno pulls the highest temp we got was 196. I have been busy swapping spring rates and trying to get the ride dialed in, and I think it is close. I have a fix to try on the stalling issue this weekend and will address my crankcase ventilation from the PCV delete also. I also had a high steer bolt sheer off and I am trying to extract it. I have drilled it and welding a nut to it with no luck on either. I plan to ride the next few weekends and tear down around Christmas for full on KOH prep.

After running around my local trails pretty hard I noticed the tranny cooler cannot keep up and most believe the source of my stall issue is my stock TH400 TC. With the help of a great sponsor, Steven O'Neal, I was able to address both of those issues yesterday. I ordered a Griffin Universal Cooler and a PTC Converter to match my cam and application. Thanks again for the support of James O'Neal Dodge in Bremen, GA.

Here are a few pics I have and our dyno graph. More pics to follow.

I am sure not many care, but for those that do here is where we are. I was off this past week and it was race prep week. Thanks a lot to my co-driver, Jamie Marsh, for all his help this week and sacrificing his week off to do race prep. We got everything done that we had planned. All we lack is getting my knuckle back from the machine shop (broken hi steer bolt extraction), rear semi-float brake brackets from BTF to put the rear end back together, new front driveshaft, bolt on pumper/hoses, mount/wire HID's, wire GPS and mount a few spares on the rig.

The big project this past week was the TC install in the tranny. The tranny is a pain to get to and even sliding it back a few inches proved to be a very hard job. PTC had problems getting us the right converter to match our flywheel pattern. After the 2nd TC didn't work, we gave up a half day and drove up to Muscle Shoals to make sure we got one that worked. Luckily they had what we needed in stock they had just not seen a wide pattern TH400 working with a 6.0.

Here are a few pics of how it sits currently. I was really impressed with the quality of the Griffin Fluid Cooler for the trans. Also I had never worked with steel braided hose before, but I had to use it for my oil filter lines as the push lock was melting due to exhaust heat. After working with steel braided I will never mess with push lock again. Jamie and I are looking forward to KOH in a little over a month.

So Daniel isnt your co-driver anymore?

Matt O. said:
Here are a few pics of how it sits currently. I was really impressed with the quality of the Griffin Fluid Cooler for the trans. Also I had never worked with steel braided hose before, but I had to use it for my oil filter lines as the push lock was melting due to exhaust heat. After working with steel braided I will never mess with push lock again. Jamie and I are looking forward to KOH in a little over a month.

Anyway, commentary on the steel braided. Are you talking about the hose that has the stainless steel braided sleeve that wraps around the hose? I hope you arent in love with it. Every vehicle fire I have been around started with that type of hose. With it finding a way to arch out on something/anything. Then it creats a week spot that eventually bursts and archs out more and waaallaaaaa FIRE!!!
You said you were melting the pushlock, thats from heat soak, going to the Steel sleeved will actually make your hose melt faster as the metal exterior actually heats up faster than just the Pushlock Rubber.

What size is the hoses and how long. I have tons of Firesleeve in various sizes in stock that you can sleeve over the hose, and will eliminate your abrasion risk, eliminate any chance of arching out, and will protect the hose from heatsoak.

If thats not the type of hose then forget the above, but based on the pics going into the cooler it looks like it to me.

Just some info from multiple poor exeriences, and catching two seperate cars on fire because of it.

Firesleeve is the ****. I use it on wiring and plumbing where it is close to hot items. We used it on one of our test cells where wires had to run by a turbo. We were melting everything else in the area but the firesleeve was like new when we tore the rig down.

InDaShop said:
So Daniel isnt your co-driver anymore?

No, he was not able to co-drive due to work and an elbow problem. Jamie has raced with me before and is a great mechanic/fabricator. He put in about 40 hours with me this week alone.

I have fire sleeve to go over my oil filter lines near the exhaust, will probably change the oil one more time and will wrap the lines then. I like the ease of assembly of steel braided line much better, time will tell how they work.

I could not find any rules on the rear radiator mounting. I have seen others that passed tech with no screen at all. My screen covers just the middle which is the majority of the radiator, but the sides are hard to get to due to seats, belts and pumper hoses in the way.

InDaShop said:
So Daniel isnt your codriver?

I have a couple different issues hindering me from being able to codrive.
1-my left elbow is screwed up. Not sure what I did to it but it has been affecting my everyday life for months now.
2-as with most cases, money. Just not as much this year due to reason #1.
3- work. We've been busy and short handed lately and it doesn't look like it's getting slow anytime soon.

So with that I just can't make it. I hope matt and jamie do well and kick some ass!

Willymutt said:
Firesleeve is the ****. I use it on wiring and plumbing where it is close to hot items. We used it on one of our test cells where wires had to run by a turbo. We were melting everything else in the area but the firesleeve was like new when we tore the rig down.

I dont have any pics of how I used it on the saltcar, but here is Jesse Haines 4499 torndown, and it shows how the Torchmate team uses the stuff.

DSC_0099.jpg

Oh I forgot to post this, Ben Fowler = Da Man. He scored me about a case of fluids for the entire buggy. Even coolant and brake fluid!

InDaShop said:
I dont have any pics of how I used it on the saltcar, but here is Jesse Haines 4499 torndown, and it shows how the Torchmate team uses the stuff.

DSC_0099.jpg

Damn, that is like $1000 in fire sleave! :****:

Willymutt said:
Damn, that is like $1000 in fire sleave! :****:
I have a wholesale account setup with the manufacture. :flipoff1:

Jegs and Summit mark it up rediculous, $10/ft is anal rape with no KY or the god damn decency of a reach around.